36

Third Person's POV

Agonizing pain. That's all she felt. Every single part of her body felt like it was on fire. Her eyes kept fogging up and for a few minutes every hour she'd see blue fire everywhere.

There was something inside of her that was desperately trying to claw its way out. It was trying to break the barrier that kept the man from the beast. The barrier that kept the beast from taking over. The barrier that kept man dominant. In that moment, that barrier was weak. Ryan could not prevent this shift from happening in any way possible.

"It hurts." She cried out as she sought the comfort of her mate who had her in his arms. He carried her deeper into woods with her entire family right behind them.

They found a clearing where Luca laid her down with her still clinging onto him. The jolts of pain kept intensifying.

"What do we do?" Luca asked.

"Take off her clothes. We need fire, we need to make a fire." Ronnie said.

Immediately she said that, Hope blasted fire out of her hands. Luca took off Ryan's clothes until she remained in her undergarments. His Lycan was having a hard time not covering her up.

"Okay Hope I need to cover her with the fire." Ronnie said.

"Wait what?! That's insane. Are you trying to burn her?" Luca exclaimed.

"Luca the fire won't burn her. She's a hell hound. We are immune to fire." Angela clarified.

He looked very skeptical not wanting any harm to come to his mate. However he had to do something to ease the pain she was going through. He nodded his head and moved away from Ryan. That made her cry out in pain.

Hope moved closer to Ryan and directed the fire on her palms to Ryan. Immediately it made contact with Ryan's skin, it was extinguished. Hope tried again and again but the result was the same.

"Why isn't it working?" Josie asked.

"Damn it! It won't work." Tessa said.

"Well try something else, she's in pain! Isn't there something else? Why won't it work?" Luca asked.

"Because she isn't a regular hellhound. She will only respond to blue fire that only she can create." Tessa said.

"What do we do?" Luca asked.

"There is nothing we can-"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh." A scream tore from Ryan's throat. Her skin began cracking and turning blue. Her eyes were white, her claws and teeth extended.

Ryan's POV

The pain was unbearable. I could feel every single cell in my body like it was on fire. The pain kept increasing. It was like labour times a million. My spine was twisting even faster. I felt like my spinal was going to break out of me.

My skin was on fire. I was like a volcano ready to erupt. All I could hear were growls inside my head. My hound was furious for being locked up for so long. She was coming out with a bang. Giving me a freaking headache.

I make them pay

Who said that?

This body mine

Who are you?

Itssssss miNe!

AHHHHHHHH! I was losing my mind. I clutched my head as the voices got louder and louder.

It'ssss your fault

You did thissss!

I take over