31

Training. Two weeks of vigorous training. Ronnie and Jack never did this to me. This must be child abuse!

"Rotate your hips more." Uncle Charlie said.

"I'm trying but its not that easy!" I huffed as I hunched over to catch my breath.

"Lunch time!" Tessa out from the kitchen. 

"Hallelujah!" Ryder screamed as he ran to the house. Caroline and Jackson ran right after him. Bee and I walked, let me rephrase that, limped to the house.

We were all here training for the fight that might occur with my mother. I don't think I need this, I'm getting stronger every day. I'm pretty sure I can take her.

"Heads up!" Charlie threw a ball at me but I was too slow and it hit me in my face.

"Yeah you can definitely take her." He chuckled. How the hell!? Oh wait he can read minds. A little knowledge about hell hounds.

Some of us have special affinities. Some can control one of the elements apart from fire which every hound can control, others can control the body of themselves, the list varies.

Charles can read minds and influence ones thoughts. Angela can control water either in liquid state or ice. Tessa's hound gene is recessive but her witch gene is dominant so she is technically a full witch. Josie controls the earth and Hope controls the vegetation or trees or whatever.

I on the other hand control... Well...everything. My initial affinities are the elements. I have an extra affinity that allows me to control everything else. The Mockingbird affinity. I can basically copy other peoples affinities with a few exceptions like Reading Minds and Controlling time.

However due to the spell my aunt Tessa had been performing on me all these years, this affinity has been locked and can only be released when she's lifted all her spells.

Its been a slow process but by my eighteenth birthday I'll be a full hound.

Another reason why specifically Caroline and Ryder are training with me is that they are my pack mates. You're probably very confused. Why am I speaking like I have an audience? Do I? Nah that's just weird.

Let me start from the beginning. Every hounds offspring inherit their parents power as the parent slowly turns human. After Jade massacred her family, she took all their power making her really strong. So I'm not only powerful because both of my biological parents were hellhounds, Royal hellhounds, a mating between two hounds which has never happened before and is not supposed to happen but because Jade had so much power too.

So at the end of the day, I get all the power. Yes its a lot trust me.

Hell hounds can move with their mates or in small packs. When they move this way, they share their power so as not to have a weak link. A pack's maximum number is ten and minimum of two.

Caroline is my best friend so I chose her to be my pack mate and of course Ryder. Blaire and Jackson declined sadly. I respect that as much as it sucks. They have plans for themselves.

We might pick a few more people to be in our pack. Haven't yet met the right people. But the most important missing person I need in the pack is my mate. Haven't met him yet. At least I think I haven't.

I've told Luca about all of this since he calls me every night to talk. He wasn't kidding about night calls being our new thing.

Sebastian seems fine that we didn't pick him to be in our pack. Caroline and Ryder didn't want him. Majority wins.

Tessa cooked lasagna and pasta salad. Ouuu lasagna my favourite. Caroline and Ryder were already devouring their food.

"I don't remember Caroline eating this much." I commented as I made a plate for myself.