19

"Ryan I can't believe you! How could you hide this from us? I can't believe you right now!" Caroline exclaimed.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. What have I gotten myself into?

"Ryan what aren't you telling us?" Blaire asked me skeptically. I closed my eyes for a second thinking of a way to get out of this alive but even I knew that was a long shot.

"I can explain." I told them with widened eyes. I tried to be calm but I was extremely nervous and afraid. I couldn't lose my friends. That was literally the worst thing to say ever.

I turned to look at Jackson. He looked confused like he knew what to do but he couldn't do it. I turned to Sebastian with pleading eyes and I could tell he was conflicted on what to do.

He was afraid of the consequences of taking my side. Caroline looked hurt. Ryder simply looked at me. He kept a look of indifference on his face.

"I can't even look at you right now." Caroline said. She looked hurt at the fact that I kept this from her.

I had just gained Jackson's trust and now I was going to lose it. I can't believe this is happening!

"She is probably working along side her. "Ryder accused me. Despite his accusations I could tell he didn't want to believe what he was saying. They were waiting for me to deny it.

"Ryan tell me It isn't true. Tell me the truth." Sebastian said as he put his hands on my shoulders and looked me directly in my eyes with his gorgeous ocean eyes.

"It isn't true. I'm not working with her." I replied. I looked down because I honestly didn't know what to say. If I told them the truth I doubt they'd believe me.

"Then why didn't you tell us. Why haven't your parents done anything about it. Why don't you kick her out or something?" Sebastian bombarded me with questions.

I sighed before whispering, " I can't. "

He looked at me with widened eyes. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. This hurt more than I could've anticipated.

"What do you mean you can't? Ryan what the hell?" He asked.

"My mum and dad have gone for war. They left me with Sydney. They told me it was so I could get information on her I don't know why but I didn't ask questions." I told them.

"Why didn't you tell us?! What are you hiding from us?" Ryder asked.

If I told them about Sydney's mark, they would think I'm working with her in some twisted game or they would confront her and I wouldn't be able to figure out what was really going on.

"I'm not hiding anything I swear it by the goddess herself." I tried to be as believable as possible.

"I can't believe you could keep this from us. How long have you lived together." Caroline asked.

"Couple of days." I whispered. The look on Caroline's face broke my heart. I haven't known her for long, well only months since I came to this pack but it seems as though our bond has strengthened. Especially since what happened at the pack barbecue. I feel more connected to them than ever. This feeling of lying to them was unbearable. Seeing the look on their faces hurt but I couldn't tell them everything. It would only cause more problems.

"I can't believe you right! We're best friends, we're supposed to tell each other everything! " She exclaimed in anger. As awful as this sounds I'd rather her be angry than her crying because then I know I have a chance to reconcile. Their was hope after all.

"Sydney is a bad person and you're going to find that out sooner rather than later." Blaire said. She too was angry. What did Sydney do? No one seems to be willing to tell me.