Number 3

I woke up lying on a metal table. I couldn't sit up, it was even worse from when I first woke up in this hell hole. I laid there trying to think of something I did to have to be here. I'm so sore and tired, and against my willpower I fell asleep

I slowly opened my eyes but when I did I wasn't in that room or on that table. I was somewhere else. It was bright and sunny. I was laying on a soft bed, I realized I was home. It was all a dream a terrible nightmare but, why does it look so different? My mom's house? No, she's gone, I remembered the funeral. I sighed and got up, I was a little wobbly. I was just getting the hang of walking when I fell again, my legs were still sore.

I didn't ever want to remember this, but the house brought it all back, then I thought, this is the real dream. The door to my room burst open, me, as a kid, ran in in a panic. He locked it, dragged the dresser to the door, and hid under the bed. When suddenly, pounding started. I could hear him weeping under the bed. The door broke down and my father walked in the room and reached under the bed, but then I woke up. Sweat was draining down my face. I was breathing heavily. When I calmed down I looked around the dark room. I was strapped to a metal table. I remembered being taken by the Surgers.

What am I gonna do? I'm gonna die, why aren't I dead yet? My head fell back on the table, I almost started crying but stopped myself, and eventually fell back to sleep.

I was back in my mom's house, the same dream again. I went through the whole process, then I waited to wake up, but, I didn't. My father pulled 'me' out from under the bed, I was screaming. My father was yelling something but I couldn't hear him. He dragged 'me' out of the room down the hall and into my mom's room yelling and locking 'me' in her room. I was standing out in the hall, my dad was screaming and kicking the door. Walking over to him he swung his arm back out of rage, but it went right through me. When I leaned my hand against the locked door, it went through. I walked into my parent's locked bedroom. What's that smell? My eyes widened. I knew what this dream was. It wasn't a dream it was a memory... I woke up sweating and struggling for air.

I started crying, I didn't want to remember that! Why did I have to remember that! I decided not to go to sleep. I studied the room more, it was just like the room I woke up in but brighter and smaller. My head hurt, it must have been from earlier. Why did my mom have to get sick? I almost started crying again. I shut my eyes and remembered my mother, she had black curly hair with beautiful dark brown eyes. I relaxed and opened my eyes and looked around the room. If I did what Number 1 did, I can see things in the darkness. I saw a table with utensils on it, like a knife and tweezers, all the bad stuff that I didn't want to see.

Those were the only things in the room. I started getting impatient thinking 'if they're going to do it why not do it now!' I decided to sleep again. I don't care if I have that dream, I can't keep my eyes open.

I opened my eyes, it was a different dream but that smell was still there and I was still in that house. I walked into my mom's room, there she was, dead. Her corpse lying there with the machine hooked up to her. It didn't do much good. I walked up to her and tears rolled down my face, even in death she was beautiful. Her black curly hair spread out over the floor. She had fallen, it was my fault. The memories came back. I had left not knowing my father wasn't home. I came back 3 hours later, and as I walked in I heard a big bang. I ran upstairs in a panic, and she laid there broken. She had fallen, tripping over the rug. She had reached for me struggling. I raced to her side saying, 'Hang in there.' As I pulled out my phone, dialing 911, my dad came in. Drunk, he looked at his wife, and as I went to dial the last 1 he threw his bottle at me. Just barely missing the both of us.

He ran at me, tackling me as I ran. He caught me and threw me in the basement. I don't know how long I was in there, I eventually got out and raced to my room. That's when the other dream happened. He threw me on my mother. He still hadn't called the ambulance, and it had been days. He yelled at me telling me it was my fault that I killed my mother. Then it happened... he had a heart attack. My father died that day leaving me with my aunt. Who I despised. I woke up and sat in silence.

The door opened and I acted asleep. I opened my eye a little just enough to see the door closed. I thought they were gone, but I heard a noise. I tried what Number 1 did and saw 5 figures standing over me and I shut my eye very quickly.

Too quickly, they grabbed me and opened my eyes with a machine, a shiny point of a needle centimeters above my left eye came into view. The needle immediately came down, piercing into my eye. A burning sensation ran through my face, stinging from the dirty steel of the needle, a sharp tune rang in my ears. I opened my mouth to scream, but only a croak came out. They ripped the needle out, this time, I screamed. I felt the hot oozing blood drain down my face. They move the needle above my right eye. I'm struggling now, my leg is able to get free from the restraints and hit a machine, halting the needle. They let out a screech, only causing my head to pound more from the pain. I continue to fight back, one grabs a separate needle and forced it under the skin on my arm. A strange thick liquid came through the tube into the needle and into my skin. I suddenly felt dizzy, everything was getting blurry. I closed my eyes and felt a sharp pain in my gut. I thought I was going to die. When I heard a loud bang and I was out.

"Alex, can you hear me?" Is that Johnny? I opened my eye and Johnny was standing over me along with Emma and Number 1!

"Johnny, how did you guys get out?" I mumbled, still fazed by the strange liquid that must have been an anesthetic.

"Nevermind that, are you ok?" Johnny looked worried. I remembered what had happened. I slowly sat up, the pain surged through my body, it was more than just my eye. I looked at my gut. I had a cut straight down my stomach!

"Yes, I'm fine." I finally answered. Johnny looked at my cut. "I'm fine." I said. He looked at me, grabbing a sheet off the floor, I'm not sure where it came from, he tore off sides of it. They all help me sit up, Johnny wrapping the sheet around me to help stop the bleeding, a temporary fix.

Johnny shrugged, "It should work until we find something else to fix you up." I looked at Number 1. She even had a face expression, she looked, worried.

"We should go," Emma said. "The Surgers will be coming back soon." I got up and Johnny helped me. I saw blood on the ground and realized just how much I was bleeding. Johnny looked at me not believing I was ok, "I'm okay Johnny, I promise." But honestly, I wasn't quite sure. Emma slowly opened the door and we all peaked out.

We all saw so many different kinds of aliens running towards the door. We slammed it shut and blocked it with whatever we could. We searched for a way out, Johnny pointed out an air vent above the bed. We all climbed into it and moved slowly without a noise. We heard a loud bang and different kinds of languages.

After crawling for what felt like hours we left the vent and fell into a dark room. I could only see boxes and...coffins! I gagged at the smell. We had to leave this room. We couldn't reach the vent anymore so we started walking aimlessly through the room. When I felt around me I didn't feel anything but boxes and coffins.

"Johnny?" I asked because I didn't hear anyone's footsteps anymore. No one answered. "Emma? Number 1? Is anyone there?" I whispered, I didn't want to yell, but I still heard nothing. I got shivers up my spine just thinking that I was all alone.

I felt around everywhere, searching and searching for something, someone. I knocked over some kind of can and heard a noise about 5 feet in front of me. Not knowing if it was alien or human I ran backwards crashing into Johnny.

"Johnny!" I gasped.

"Alex!"

"Shh, someone's over there." I said. When all of a sudden I was touched on my shoulder. I jumped. Emma was behind me and said, "It's fine, it's just me"

I relaxed and said "Where's Number 1?" Something touched my shoulder, I jumped again, grabbing Johnny's arm. Once we figured out it was Number 1 we relaxed.

"Now who's the scaredy cat?" Johnny joked. I nudged his shoulder for making fun of me and he laughed, but we didn't laugh for long.

I felt something behind me and said "Ha Ha it's not funny anymo‒" I was cut off by hitting the wall. How could they have touched me when they were all in front of me? The aliens had found us. I heard bangs and screaming, but I couldn't do anything! I kept my eyes open as long as I could but they closed on their own.