Number 10

It felt like it went on forever, like always. Evelyn and Daniel stayed in the back, and kept talking. Not loud enough for me to hear, Number 1 was right next to me. I turned to her, but kept going.

"Are we sure we can trust them, like I know they aren't aliens or what not, but I don't like how they are back there whispering. Then again, that's what we are doing, I miss not talking to anyone, and I hate having to answer my own questions."

She just looked at me, and kept going, she suddenly stopped. Evelyn nearly bumping into her, "What's wrong?" Evelyn asked.

I had kept going, when I suddenly got this bad feeling, that I had to stop, so I stopped. Daniel almost running into me.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys!" He yelled.

"I don't know about Number 1, but I just got this feeling that I had to stop."

"Oh bull, move aside." Daniel pushed me aside.

"No wait!" I tried to warn him, but he forced himself through.

He pushed through Evelyn following right next to him. They stopped a few feet in front of us, "See, nothing bad is happening. You two, are just plain old weird people, with big mental problems. Now you did help us get out, but we don't need you anymore, do you under-" He was cut short, with the same sharp pole.

It jammed right into Daniel's leg, just below the knee, then one came up and stabbed clean through Evelyn's shoulder. They both cried out in pain, me and Number 1 knew too well. Just the thought reminded me of the pain in my leg, but mainly the bottom of my foot.

"What are you standing there for, help us!" Daniel yelled, and I moved forward, but Number 1 grabbed my arm, she lifted up her foot, and quickly banged on the floor in front of me and returned the foot close to her body, the pole came through right there, that would have went into my chest, if not my head.

Evelyn yelled out as the pole was pulled out of her shoulder, "Move now!" I yelled for her as it was pulled out. She leapt forward, wincing in pain. She came crashing to the ground, groaning with agony, only she didn't know the half on it. She used her good arm to lift up her body, only for the pole to come through her hand.

It was pulled back out and she fell back down. It came back up and stabbed her in her leg, it was left there as she cried. Daniel still had the pole in his leg, when another pole came up and scraped his side. At the same time another came up and stabbed his lower arm. All three poles were pulled out at the same time.

Everything was happening at the same time, it was hard to function it all. I couldn't take it, and evidently neither could Number 1. She jumped up and put her feet on the sides, holding herself above the floor of the vent. She did this while moving forward to avoid being injured. I did the same. Number 1 went for Evelyn, while I went for Daniel, we had to go quick, before they were injured again.

"Listen, I know this is gonna hurt like hell, but you gotta do it, I'm gonna reach down, and you have to grab my hand, and with all your strength you have to pull yourself up!" I put my hand down, and Daniel grabbed onto my arm, and with both our strengths I pulled him up, and on top of me, it was weird and uncomfortable, but it would have to do.

Number 1 didn't have Evelyn reach up, her arms and hand were injured, Number 1 grabbed onto Evelyn's stomach and pulled her up. Resting Evelyn on top of her. A few more poles came through but none that could reach us. They soon ended, but I knew they would come back.

We kept to the top, and went really slow, till we reached the vent grille. Number 1 gently, and silently put Evelyn on the floor, and opened the hatch. This time though, it had screws, so she had to use the screwdriver.