Number 21

The noise only got louder, it sounded so familiar. Daniel's arm shot out of the cracked walls, it was covered in blood and the screaming got louder. We ran closer while covering our ears. I stood right below where his arm had just come from. His screaming was echoing from the box, he must've been freaking out.

"What the hell is that?" Tony yelled.

"It's Dani yelling!"

"No it's not." Evelyn said, "Dani is over there." She pointed to one that was further to the left.

"Then, who is this?"

"It's Number 1, and she's not screaming, the banging on the walls is echoing!"

"Then what do we do?" Tony yelled even louder.

Her arm was flailing around looking for something to grab onto. I could nearly see her shoulder. "We catch her."

"What?" Evelyn asked, "Are you freaking insane, she's so high up!"

"Exactly why we need to catch her."

"I can't even see, and I know that's the most stupid plan I've ever heard."

It's our only option, I won't make it in time if I climb up the tube, the only thing I can think of is to just catch her.

Her body burst through the wall, her black hair covering her face. I couldn't even think fast enough, my body acted on it's own. Evelyn pulling Anthony close behind. I reached her first, jumping towards her. She fell right into my arms, I rolled on the ground, covering her head. We laid on the ground for a few seconds before I felt her move.

"Oh my God!" Evelyn screamed running towards us.

"What happened now?" Anthony screamed.

She slid on her knees and landed right next to me, "Alex? Alex are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I looked down at Number 1's face, she was breathing heavily, her arm was covered in scratches and bleeding profusely, but she was trying to push herself up, "And so is she."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Why was her tower so close all of the sudden?"

"Because we're in wonderland," I said, and began to laugh, I saw a smile creep onto Number 1's face who was now sitting up.

Evelyn began to laugh as well, "Seriously what happened!" Anthony yelled more than he asked.

I helped Number 1 walk to Daniel's tower. Daniel was standing at the end of the tube, Evelyn ran to him and they hugged. We were together now, but we still couldn't figure out what was happening.

"So what was that all about, the last few ones have been a little more realistic, but this one was just odd, separating us, like what was the point?" Dani asked.

"I have to clue, I find this whole situation odd still, I just want to know what's happening." Evelyn said.

Number 1 was still trembling. She was holding onto my arm like she was afraid I was gonna disappear. And that's when it hit me. "It's fears."

"What?" Daniel said. We were still standing by his tower.

"It's fear. It's going off what we all fear. For Dani it was the fire, for Tony it was the darkness, for Eve it was zombies..."

"Whoa, I'm not afraid of zombies, I'm afraid of death."

"That makes even more sense. For Johnny it was everything, but he mainly feared outer space and the unknown, I don't know about Emma, but I assume it was her's too, and as for this one, I would say it was Number 1's."

"What was her fear?" Tony asked.

"I may be wrong, but, I think it might being secluded, alone." Number 1 just stood there, she didn't look sad, but she didn't look happy either.

"That makes me think about something. If you think about it, people got hurt in their fears, unless they were tricky about getting about of it.

Like, your two friends were afraid of outer space and the unknown, and they got hurt, bad. Evelyn's fear of death she got hurt there, me and Dani would have gotten hurt in ours, but we tricked our way. I thought that it'd be stupid to touch the one thing I'm afraid of, and Dani jumped out the window before he could get too hurt. Number 1 got hurt in this one because it's hers." Anthony said.

"Other than getting crushed." Daniel snickered. "Well then, I guess you're the last one." He said, looking at me.

"What are you afraid of?" Evelyn asked.

"Something bad."

"All of ours were bad, that's what fears are." Dani said.

"Yeah, I mean, fucking zombies dude. That's bad." Tony snickered.

"How much worse could it be?" Evelyn asked with a smile.

The room went black, "Much worse."