Number 19

Running the other direction, we were heading back to the point where Evelyn fell, she was not happy with this, "Why don't we turn around!" She yelled from the back of the group.

"Because if we do then we'll be running towards the thing following us!" I yelled back, turning around to get a look, it was even closer, it was like we were just running in place.

Daniel looked back to check as well, "Are we even moving?" He asked.

"I would hope so!" Anthony replied.

"What if we're not?" Evelyn asked.

"Then we're screwed!" Daniel yelled.

"Stop," I told them, we all stopped moving, catching our breath, "I don't think we're moving at all, it's so hard to tell in this crap."

"Perhaps we should just wait for the thing to come for us." Anthony said.

This is ridiculous, we can't figure out where the hell we are going, there's nothing for us to do, what could we even do, continue to run and never know if we were actually running. I sighed, "I have no idea what to do this time you guys," I sat down on the floor and relaxed.

"What are you doing?" Evelyn asked. Number 1 was watching the figure.

"I am hungry, and tired, and fed up with this shit, I am going to sit here and wait for it to come to me, and I want you guys to keep running." I said.

"Are you insane!" Daniel yelled.

"Maybe, but I'm being serious, firstly, we don't even know if this will work, because you guys may just start running and then be running in place, just do it, alright! I'm not just gonna keep running for no fucking reason, now go!" I yelled at them.

"Screw that shit, I ain't going nowhere." Anthony said.

"I am telling you to do this! Now get the fuck out of here now before I get pissed."

"No." Evelyn said.

"Yes."

"We all say no, so get up, and let's go." Daniel said.

I looked over at Number 1, she was tapping her foot, I knew what she was thinking, she wasn't going to let me stay here alone. I wanted to do this. "Either you guys go, or I'll run towards him, and I know you guys have some sense left in your brains."

"Why are you doing this suddenly, what the hell brought this on?" Anthony asked.

"I don't know why I am doing this, but I just feel like I have to."

Number 1 turned around and looked at me, she then began to push everyone away, "What the hell are you doing now?" Daniel hollered.

She stopped pushing them and waved her arms for them to get moving, Evelyn went first, it started as a slow jog, but she was moving at least, she pulled Anthony who began to move by himself, Daniel stared at me for a while, but then ran to catch up with the others. Number 1 stood in the same spot.

"That means you too you know." I told her, she turned around and looked at the figure in the distance, it was much larger than I had first anticipated. She then walked next to me and pulled me to my feet, she grabbed my hand and stood next to me as we watched it come closer. She wasn't even thinking about moving. We held each other's hands and stood still, I looked over my shoulder to ensure they were still running, they hadn't noticed Number 1 was with me yet.

"You are so stubborn." I said.

I heard it approaching now, but, it wasn't what I thought, I thought it was someone, but it was a wall, it was taking the white with it, bringing it closer and closer, it was weird to see something different from the white walls. It was coming in faster than I had thought too.