Number 20

I remember this scene, I feel the exact same way, like I've been hit by a car. I slowly open my eyes, it's a dark room, with a little light in the corner, I hear a low moan behind me. Was it all a dream, is... is Johnny, still alive. I spun around. Johnny was laying on the cold hard floor, I rolled over to him, reaching out to shake him awake, when I grabbed his shoulder, he disappeared, just like the room. The entire scenery disappeared, I sighed and rolled onto my back, looking up, it was the box walls that had enclosed me.

I rolled back onto my stomach and pushed off the floor. I felt dizzy, but I walked to the nearest wall, the minute I touched it, the room lit up, no, more like it disappeared, showing the white area again. I looked around, I saw a box just like mine far away, I could see through it though, it almost looked see through with a tint to it. Number 1 was on the floor, pushing herself up with her arm. I walked toward her, but ran into nothing, I put my hand in front of me, it was like a force field. It zapped me back and threw me to the floor. The wall reappeared, I couldn't see outside anymore.

I sat down. What could I do, this whole thing was bull, there was no way out. I could try to yell to her. I stood back up, and walked to the wall facing her, touching it it disappeared again.

"Number 1!" I yelled as loud as I could, but the noise didn't escape my room, it echoed throughout the walls, bouncing back and forth. Piercing my ears. So I can't reach her, and I can't talk to her. So I watched her, she was standing, holding her bad arm, she walked up to a wall, pushing on it, she disappeared, as did the walls. I pushed on the wall again, it pushed me back once more, but now I hoped she could see me, if I can't see someone when there walls turn invisible, then they won't be able to see me.

I looked at the wall where she would be, I waved back and forth, hoping to catch her attention, and maybe if she was already looking at me, then I would look like I was doing jumping jacks. I stopped waving, and said her name. I walked up to the wall pointing at it, which would mean I was pointing at her. Then I tapped the wall, it disappeared. She was still gone, then she re-appeared, starring in my direction. She looked around. Then waved at me. I knew she couldn't see me, but it comforted me, knowing she knew I was here, and me knowing she was there. She tapped the wall and disappeared, I did the same. The wall re-appeared in front of me. The zap wasn't as forceful anymore, it was just a little buzz.

I turned around and studied the room, there was absolutely nothing. I saw something that appeared to be a small hatch on the side. I walked over to it, there was no handle, but it was metal, it looked like a garbage shoot, a small one, I would barely be able to fit my body in there. I looked up and around, it was very small, good thing I wasn't claustrophobic. I sat against the wall, looking behind me so I could see Number 1 again, she was pressing on the wall trying to move it, that won't work, wait. The wall isn't disappearing, it's staying there. I turned around and watched, she was desperately hitting the wall trying to get it to disappear again, every wall and every spot, then she came across the hatch. She used her nails to try and open the hatch, only it was closed so tight she couldn't get her nails under it, her hands were bloody, and bruised, her arm was still popped out of place.

She fell to her knees, leaning her bad arm against the wall, grabbing it, she pushed against the wall, popping it back in place. She was clearly in pain, she grasped her arm and curled up, she took a piece of her shirt and ripped the whole bottom half of it off, making herself a sling, and a crop top. She turned back around and tried opening the hatch again, it started to creep open, she just needed to move her hands slightly, and it would drop back where it was. She kept pulling slowly, it was only an inch open now, a bright flash illuminated her box, blinding me for a second, when I looked back the hatch had closed and she was unconscious across the room. I didn't know what to do, I looked all around me and saw another box, but it was much further away, I couldn't tell who was in it.