Number 11

Daniel groaned and shifted, jumping and shooting his head up, getting a head rush. He put his hand over his eyes and leaned back. "What the hell?"

"Daniel? Oh good, you're awake. Listen, you might not want to move too much." I walked over to him, Number 1 sat down next to Evelyn, who sat up and looked at Daniel.

"What the hell?" Daniel repeated himself, sitting up again.

"Some stuff happened, and you are hurt with no visible injury, it's like a really bad bruise-"

"Horribly, bad bruise." Evelyn cut in, looking down at her leg.

"Uh... ya, so, don't touch it because‒"

"Because it'll hurt like hell." Evelyn cut in again, curling a piece of wrap in her fingers.

"Yes. So, how do you feel?"

He blinked his eyes a couple of times, "Okay, I think. But if what you say is right, then I probably shouldn't move."

I sit next to him, Number 1 on the opposite side of Evelyn. Evelyn and Daniel leaned back and looked up, shutting their eyes. Number 1 and I sighed. I laid back and shut my eyes, Number 1 leaned on her hands.

I dozed off, and no dreams came. I woke up to someone rustling. I sat up and saw Evelyn sitting up, "Hey?" She looked at me surprised.
"Oh hey." She groaned grabbing her leg.

"How are you feeling?" I stood up and walked to her, Number 1 and Daniel were still asleep.

"Actually, a little better. I think I might be able to stand." She starts to push up on her knees. I lean down and grabbed her arms, and helped pull her up. She grimaced, but stood up straight, leaning against the wall.

I let her go, and she flinched, but stood strong. "Maybe you should sit back down." I grab her arm again, and lead her back down.

"That hurt, a lot. I think I'm okay now."

"I wonder how long we are going to have to stay here." I kneel down in front of her.

"Well, if we continue like this, it should be tomorrow or the next day, or-"

"The next day." I interrupt her.

"Ya. I really hope it's tomorrow, and if it's like you say, you guys know a way out?"

"Well, not exactly, it's kind of hard to explain."

She sighs and looks up, "I just hope we get out of here soon."

We all woke up to a banging on the door. I was trying to remember if we locked it, that's when the knob turned. Number 1 and me jumped up and jumped against it. We used all of our strength, and after a few minutes of using our full strength, we realized that there was no pressure from the other side.

I hesitantly stood back, Number 1 stood by herself for another minute, then she reluctantly stepped away. Nothing happened, we both looked at each other, when we heard a strange click. We jumped on the door again. She gestured for me to let go. I stood back a couple feet.

She stood back and reached for the handle, "What are you doing?" Daniel questioned her.

She waved her hand at him. Her fingers wrapped around the knob, and she tried to pull on it, but it didn't budge. She grabbed it with both her hands and used all her strength. It didn't move, we had been locked in, they wanted us in this room.

Number 1 grabbed the screwdriver and reached for the vent, with all of her strength, the screw wouldn't loosen.

"What are we going to do!?" Daniel yells, Evelyn shushing him.

"I don't know, Daniel." I face the other wall.

"That's right, Alex! You never know shit and now we're gonna die, because you're a stupid dumbass. Who couldn't even take care of his own friend!"

"Daniel!" Evelyn smacked the back of Daniel's head.

I stood up and walked over to Daniel, and knelt down in front of him, his eyes got wide, I spoke in the calmest voice I could, "Daniel. If you don't stop yelling you're going to attract every last one of them. Now if you are so fucked up and can't realize that it was me and Number 1 that saved your selfish ass, then haul your ass up, figure out how to open up the vent, and crawl down it and leave." I stood back up and walked across the room, sitting down and staring off.

Number 1 gave a look at Daniel, and walked over to me, and sat down, putting her hand on my knee. Evelyn sighed, and smacked Daniel again, Daniel complained. But he only sighed, and scooted away from Evelyn.

I picked up a piece of wood looking thing, and walked back to my area. I had planned to just hit them in the head with it, but Number 1 handed me the screw driver. I sharpened an edge of the plank.

We sat in silence for a long period of time. No one dared to say a word. I sat there, just thinking about Johnny. He was right, I had already been through all of this, and now it was just coming all back.

I started to think about the fair to get my mind off of Johnny. We had so much fun there, Johnny got so scared, he was such a goof. He was always falling down, getting scared, whining when I beat him in a game. He was great, he was the best thing ever. This isn't working, this was supposed to get my mind off of him.

I stood up and walked to the other side of the room, Number 1 watched me pace the room. Daniel's eyebrow twitched and Evelyn smacked him again. They argued in whispers, I just glared at them until they noticed me. They looked down at their shoes. I looked at their shoes, there was something strange about them.

I gasped, making everyone jump, I squatted in front of Evelyn and Daniel. They looked at me with wide eyes. I grabbed Daniel's shoe and ripped off his laces. They had laces, they had shoelaces. Number 1, Emma, Johnny, and I, didn't have laces. Only their laces were different from the normal kind. The end was harder than usual. It had a kind of, sharp edge. I stared at it for a while. Number 1 got up and got the rest of their laces. She knew exactly what I was thinking, she went for the door, with the lace.

"Wait." Number 1 turned around and looked at me, I continued, "What if they are waiting out there?"

Number 1 looked at the door, Evelyn forced herself up, "That's a chance I'm willing to take."

"That's an awful big chance." Daniel scoffed.

"Dani." Evelyn turned around.

"No, it's fine Evelyn, Daniel, I don't expect you to come, you can hide while we escape or cause a distraction."

"No." Daniel crossed his arms.

"No?" I asked.

"Right, no, I'm not gonna sit here, I'll come with."

"Alright, so, are you willing to take us with you, we will probably slow you down." Evelyn walked and stood next to me.

"Of course we are." I said. Daniel stood up cursing under his breath with every move. He walked over to us, we all stood right behind Number 1, she nodded her head and turned.

She put the shoelace in the little keyhole, it's amazing there is a key hole, it made a click again. We all held our breath as she twisted the knob and opened the door.