Held in Captivity

"What is the point of this marriage,this relationship", his words were still ringing in her head.
He then forcefully wiped the vermilion off her head. The force was enough to make anyone groan in pain. But she didn't even wince once. She was just looking at him without  even blinking. Her eyes had mixed emotions running in them. 'Were those the same eyes which poured out her heart' this thought came running in his mind. He didn't look completely in them. Just one glance at her eyes and he knew she was going to hate him forever and he was going to be on the top of her hate list which already had 2 members excluding him consisting of Vidyut and Ragini Pandit. But he kept an angry face. "I told you not to take the law in your hands. But you still did. You know what, You don't deserve me. Forget me you don't deserve anyone in this world. You don't deserve love because you are not capable of it. You know why? Cause you are ILLEGITIMATE. You are ill-fated. Whoever comes near to you has to leave the world. Just take her. Make her away from my eyes." He said in a go. He started breathing heavily. He looked at her. His insides were so broken. 'Believe me Av, I didn't want to say anything I said. You won't forgive me. I betrayed. I am the one who doesn't deserve you. I am sorry. I have to do this. To protect you. I am so sorry.' he muttered and cursed himself. He looked at DD who was standing with his eyes wide open. "DIDN'T YOU LISTEN!!" He bellowed. "Just arrest her. She's a bloody criminal". DD hesitantly came forward and was about to handcuff her when...
"You call yourself an ACP and you aren't even aware of the basic human rights,?" She finally spoke. Her tone was cold. Like Ananya. "A male officer isn't allowed to arrest a female criminal. So kindly send your female constables to do the honours." She continued. That was it. The End of their relationship. Anyone could recognise the hidden anger in her voice. The lady officer came and was about to handcuff her when she spoke " Wait officer. I am already wearing the handcuffs given to me. Let me break them first then you may tie these." The officer looked confused. "What do you mean?" Neil asked in a confused tone. She didn't reply. She did something which completely broke his heart. She broke the bangles she was wearing in a second. It took him about five seconds to register what just happened. She then removed her ring that he had lovingly given to her and threw it in the garden so swiftly. " Here you go. Acp sir had already handcuffed me in these pathetic things. Glad to be free from them." She said offering her hands. The officer then arrested her.
It started raining. It was good for Neil as he could finally let his tears out. His phone rang. It was not with him but with DD. Without even asking who was calling Neil asked him to put the phone on speaker."Hello? Hello Neil? Did..Did you arrest Avni? Oh god its so noisy in here. Ya where was I? Did you arrest her?" The noise of the honks and shouts was clearly audible. Neil realized what just happened. He quickly cut the call. He looked at Avni. She looked so shocked and distraught.

"Nee...Neela Ma" she gasped.
"Avni its nothing li.."
"JUST STOP IT. EVEN SHE'S ON YOUR SIDE NOW. AND WHY WOULDN'T SHE BE.  YOU  LEGITIMATES are always conspiring against us illegitimates."
This was it. The End of their relationship.
Neil decided it was best not to argue. After all he was wrong this time. Not just wrong. Totally wrong.
He signalled the officer to take her. She bowed and did a salute and did as she was asked. She took her to the police van. And there she went. He didn't dare to turn back and see her off. He couldn't. Guilt was killing him. Each breathe was difficult to take.
Neil was dead for her.
Neela Maa was dead for her.
Avni was also dead.
But a new one rose up

ANANYA VERMA..