Preparations..

Hey! Check out my other fanfic as well.
______________________________________

Seeing her break down like this, made him travel to a different land. And to reach that land he had to travel through different checkpoints which were guilt, hatred towards himself and sadness. He, had crossed them. And the land he had travelled to was Death
He was dying seeing her like this. She was suffering everyday. He tried to give her happiness. But instead ended up giving sorrow. 
He gestured the family to go out. He could clearly understand that she needed some time alone. After they went he knelt up to her, removed her drenched hands from her face and faced her. Her eyes were now red and puffy. "Avni. I..I don't know where to begin with. This time I won't tell that it's fine. But maybe we..we can fight him together?" He said politely. She wiped her tears with her sleeve roughly. "I thought you wanted me to reconcile with him?" She said coldly. He knew that she had been adversely affected. "I did. But now I don't. If it means seeing you like this, I'd never say." He spoke slowly while she sighed. "I'm glad you finally know that it's, whatever is going on, is not okay." She replied with a funny moment of silence between them. 
"And I'm sorry I shouted on you. I shouldn't have Avni. But what you said was really boiling me up." He said taking her hand. "You shouldn't have done it. I felt bad. You never shout. Once you did. You know what happened?" She said looking down. "No please no. It was like you didn't talk to me for ages. Please don't do it again." He said. "I hate your temper Neil." She said still not looking up. "Me too. Even I hate it. I'll control it. Promise. I'm sorry?" He quickly replied. She just hummed. He could clearly see how hurt and distraught she was. "Avni even you promise me something. You'll never hurt yourself like this. Never." While raising her head. "From where did you learn this?" He asked as if he was talking to a child who just committed a mistake. She gave no replies but his strong gaze upon her made her feel a bit uneasy. This was not the loving stare she was used to and enjoyed also. It was another one so she spoke. "I..I did it when I was small. I mean during my teens whenever it used to be my birthday or any other stressful day. 'Cause I just didn't know how to cope up with what all happened. Neela." She paused, sighed and continued. "When she knew what was I doing, she sort of pushed me away for doing it. I never did it again. Before today." She admitted. He sighed deeply. "It's not good you know. If accidentally you cut a nerve or something.." He trailed. "Strange what you and she say is always the same." "Leave it. But never do it again." He commanded. She nodded cutely and thoughtfully. He just hugged her tightly. "I'll never do it. Maybe." She replied and chuckled. Neil got lost in her lovely and soft laughter. She clicked her fingers to snap him out. "Our wedding Neil. Just like I always wanted. White wedding gown one. It'd be so fun right?" She asked excitedly. "Only two parts." He said while smirking. She looked confused. "One. Our dance." He stopped. "The other one?" She asked. "Our kiss." He replied smirking more. "Your single track mind." She huffed while getting up. "Okay. Jokes apart we have a lot of preparations to do. So let's start with fetching your dress?" He asked. She clapped her hands excitedly. They went to a big showroom spent a couple of hours to decide the gown and finally bought one. "What about your tuxedo Neil?" Avni asked. "Already arranged. Dad chose it. I leave it up to him." He said shrugging his shoulders. They went back, and gasped together to see how much the decorations had advanced. The hall was draped fully in pink and white curtains with a bouquet of pink and white roses mixed together. The alter had been set up too with a large Christian Cross with Jesus pinned to it in the front. Golden glass pieces had been mixed to form a chandelier and was reflecting the golden light everywhere. Tiny fairy lights illuminating with the same colours pink silver and golden flowed everywhere. "I didn't know they were too serious about it." She said. "Even me." He admitted. He entwined his fingers along with her while she just put her head to his shoulder. "We'll have a great, happy wedding Neil." She whispered. "And a perfect life too." He said while kissing her hair while they both just stood admiring the beautiful scene around them.