I am sorry..

Neil didn't understand what the situation was. He just ran upstairs and started thumping the door. "Avni? Avni what happened? Tell me. Or how else am I supposed to know?" He said lightly. "Go away Neil! I gave you a choice right?" She said sobbing. She still didn't open the door. "Avni what choice? Open it. Talk to me." He said banging. "What choice? I asked you if you don't want to have me with you. You said yes. Why have you changed now?" She shot. Neil's heart ached to hear her crying. "And I say the same now! I don't change. There can never be someone else in my life." Even he was on the verge of crying. "Avni what did I do? Atleast tell me so that I can never do it again!" He continued. "You are pushing me away. Making me feel alone. You are doing it." "Av I can never push you away!" He said shockingly. "You are." She yelled. Neil could see her silhouette sliding down the door. Even he did the same. He put his hand on the glass and spoke politely "atleast open it once. Let me explain. Please." No reply. He pleaded once more. Again she was silent. Neil became tensed now. "Avni? You are there. Please reply." She still didn't answer. Neil began pacing to and fro. There is a window to our room. I'll go and check. Neil went to his mom's room. Slid the window door, and jumped into the balcony. This one and their room's one was connected with a small wall in between. Neil time to be a monkey. He thought and jumped it not before doing a run up. He landed abruptly. Thankfully the window was open. He barged in and entered their room. Avni I didn't know I hurt you so much. I never wanted to. I can never do it. Please forgive me. He spoke to her. Her eyes were closed. Maybe she slept? He went forward and picked her up a bit but kept her down again. Oh my god! She's so warm.
Neil touched her forehead. It was seemingly clear that she had fever. That too a very high one. What to do? He placed her on the bed gently and picked up his phone. He called up his family doctor. But he didn't pick it up. Maybe a medecine would do. He thought. He unlocked the door qnd went down to check. "Damn it!" He said slamming the drawer. He was about to go and buy some from the market but stopped abruptly. I can't leave her alone in a condition like this. To support his validity more he looked at the time. Midnight. No shop would be open right now.

He went back. She was shivering now. I have to do it. He sat next to her, removed his shirt and hugged her tightly. Her warm touch made him realise how cold he had been. This is so not going to work. She was still for some time but began shivering again indicating that his body heat was exhausted. He had no other option left. He made her lie back on the bed, and lied down next to her. He then grasped her by her waist and pulled her towards him. He just hugged her tightly, one arm on the waist and other on the upper back. He kissed her shoulder and put the duvet above them. Both of them went to sleep in each other's warmth.
The next morning
Avni woke up first. She tried to move but couldn't as she was trapped between his arms and legs. She saw them then. In what condition they were sleeping. She relaxed at first and put her face on his chest taking in his scent. She thought she should remember what could have happened between them but couldn't as she dozed off early. She slammed herself for it. But then reality struck her. Her fight with him. How he had been pushing her away. She then struggled to get away from him. His sleep got disturbed through this sudden movement. He woke up and saw her pounding his chest. "Leave me!" She cried. Neil, being him, refused and instead clutched her more tightly.
"Avni what exactly has happened? How do you feel? Tell me. Only then will I be able to do anything." He said politely, handling her. "You are ousting me. " She said finally being in her still position. "I am not. I know what you are talking about okay? Avni it was necessary yaar. For your betterment. If we would have got carried away, your condition might have worsened. I would've choked you or something." She didn't reply. Her tears were falling on him. "Avni I am sorry if I made you feel like that. I really am. Please?" He said politely. "Don't ever do it again!" She shrieked, snuggling more into him. "Okay baba." He said shaking his head. "Let's get out." She said after a few minutes of silence. "Uh huh? Not so easily. I was as desperate as you." "Ne-" She couldn't complete as he kissed her. It was deepening as none of them refused to break apart. Finally they did, panting heavily. "That." He began. "Was something." She continued. "I" "Never." "Expected." She finished. Both of them laughed while he just stared at her. She became really nervous. "Neil I think.." she trailed off as he started staring her more. She gulped loudly. He laughed seeing her like this. These simple moments of happiness lasted for what seemed like a long time for us but a few seconds for them both.