Michigan Race:D

" Wait, what your saying is that I'm going to drive your car?! And Gibbs is alright with it?!" I say to Denny as I get up from the sofa in his motor coach.

" Your going to drive my FedEx car Dakota. You've earned it." He says with a grin on his face.

I get up and run at him hugging him.

" I love you Denny. I can't believe this!" I shout happily.

It was Saturday morning now. Apparently Joe Gibbs knew about this for three days. That explains why they were asking about my size and width. They even had a special fire suit for me. I go to the bathroom and change into it quickly feeling the suit cling tight to me. I then open the door with a huge smile on my face.

" Damn girl!" Denny says then he whistles.

I blush and then hug him.

" come on. Let's go get the car onto the track. I need to get the feel before I race." I say while dragging Denny by the arm out of the coach.

" Ok now take it easy coming out of the garage." Darian says to me. He then pulls his head out from the window and puts the window net up.

I let the grip on my gloves slide down the steering wheel. I look at the buttons and gauges as the boys drop the jack. The car settles and then they shut the hood of the car revealing Denny standing in front of the car. He is holding his phone straight at me taking a picture. I run through the steps Denny had told me to start the car. I lay my foot on the brake and flip a switch. Then I flip another switch. I pump the gas and the engine loudly comes to life in my hands. I can feel the engine shake through the steering wheel. I take a deep breath and grab the shifter. As I let off the brake the car begins to roll backwards. I swig the rear out to the right and then come to a stop once I'm out of the garage. I wave at Denny and the. Shift to first gear. I rev the engine loudly then roll towards pit road.

" She's going to do well out there Darian. Don't worry about it." Denny says as they walk towards the hauler.

" Has she ever handled something that's got so much kick?" Darian asks.

Denny looks out at the track and wipes his brow from sweat.

" She has races before. Give her three laps and I promise she will be as good as Chase." Denny says.

Darian shakes his head and sighs.

" Alright Denny. This is on you then." Darian says still worried.

I drive the Toyota Camry onto pit road slowly. The farmers insurance pit box is to the right of the pit wall opening. I glance up seeing Kayla just chilling with her feet against Kenny's chair. She's on her phone tapping away. I grin knowing that here I am in a eight cylinder nascar sprint cup series car while there she is on the pit box of Kasey Kahne.

I pull up next to Jimmie Johnson and wait for the officials to open the track. After about twenty cars line up behind us the official finally let's us go onto the track. I follow behind Jimmie as we follow the apron. But as soon as we hit the back stretch he goes full throttle. I take a deep breath and follow him watching the RPMs jump up to over 9000. He sails through turn three ridding next to the white line while I run in the middle. I come down across all the lines as I get to the center of the turn. As I make it to the end I come back up to the wall. And wanna know the funny thing? In still all up on Jimmies ass as we come up to make it lap one of practice.

Darian watches Dakota with the binoculars as I settle into my seat.

" See I told you." I say.

He looks at me and then his eyes shift back as Dakota comes across the line now side by side with Jimmie Johnson.

" Your kidding me Denny. Your girl can drive better then you!" Darian says to me amazed as she goes back into the turn now running below Jimmie. I chuckle as I get up to watch her on the back stretch.