Finding old friends

As my plane landed I couldn't believe that vengeance was in one day. The days were flying by so fast now. It felt like just yesterday I was in the dirt oval tradin paint. And now here I am turning 17 in one day. And defending my title on the same day.

I walked off the plane pulling my luggage behind me. As I climbed into my lambo I got a tweet from Denny. It was a video of him lip syncing to taylor swift. I couldn't help but notice how cute he looked. Him with his greenish grey colored eyes. His hair pushed back the way he does it. Denny is so young. He's only 20. Thank god it's only a three year difference between us. ( yes I know he's much older then that but it would be really awkward for a 16 year old to date someone who's almost in his 30's. So Denny is 19 just turned 20 in this story. It is the current Hamlin though even though I did prefer the spiked hair Hamlin.)

I start the Lamborghini up and let it idle as I get settled. I then rev the car up to 2500 RPMs and shift it into first gear leaving tire marks behind me. I head to the arena for autographs.

.

.

.

I watch the nationwide race as the divas from total divas sign autographs. As I take a sip of my water Chase passes Kyle Larson for second. All he has to do is Chase down Kyle Busch for the win.

Sitting on my right shoulders are the titles since I'm waiting for my time to go out.

" Anything good happening?" Kayla asks as she walks into the trailer.

" Chase just took second." I say to her.

Kayla grabs a water bottle and sits down beside me.

" So how are you and Kahne doing?" I ask Kayla.

She smiles and leans back into the soft leather couch.

" Taking it slow." She says to me.

I nod and then look back at the tv.

" You think you guys will be alright?" I ask her.

That's when Kayla sighs and grows quiet.

" Trust me. I'll hit him there so hard he won't want another girl." I say to her to try to make her feel better.

" It just feels weird I guess. Once you get hurt. It's hard to forgive completely." Kayla says to me.

" I understand. Iv had my heart broken before. Guys are dumb asses sometimes. That's what happened to me back when I was with Tim." I say.

Kayla gets up as she hears Cameron's voice.

" We have to get ready. Are we acting like friends out there or enemies?" She asks me.

I shrug and get up just as Chase catches Kyle Busch.

" In the middle. We can pretend all we want during our match." I say to her.

She nods and then grabs her water as the other girls come into the trailer.

" Your turn Kayla!" Eva Marie says.

I haven't made friends with the other girls yet so.... Yah all of those girls hate me. Haha whatever.

I get up and follow Kayla out to the autograph trailer.

" Kayla! Kayla!" I hear the fans chanting. Every so often I would hear my name but it was obvious. Kayla was the favorite.

So we sit down and that's when it starts. Fans start coming up and we sign as many as we can. And while all of this is going on my phone continues to buzz because of the alerts from the race.