Super Stars

"Anything else?" The lady asks me as she puts a bagel into the bag.

"No thank you. I'm all set." I say to her.

I then grab a five dollar bill out of my wallet and hand it to the woman at the cash register.

" thank you. And have a good day." She says to me as I take my bagel and head for the door.

Welcome to North Carolina, home of Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs. I think to myself as I walk to the car door of Denny's pickup. I grab hold of the handle and open the silverados door. It creeks and wines as I pull it till it stops. I then pull myself up into the lifted truck and shut the door behind me. I place the bagel on the passenger seat and then put the key into the ignition. I wiggle it around until I hear it click the. I push the key and allow the starter to move the flywheel to get the engine in motion. I then shift into reverse and back out of the parking spot and head out of the Dunkin Donuts parking lot. I then pull out onto the road and head towards JGR.

.

.

.

As I walk into the garage I see all the crews at work. Then finally my eyes set on Denny who is leaning against one of his cars. He has his hands in his pockets as Darian continues to talk to him.

" come on Denny we need to focus." I hear Darien say as I walk over.

My cowboy boots make noise every time I step on the tiles. Finally as I stop beside Darien I see Denny look up.

"What's we up too?" I ask interrupting Darien.

I can tell Darien wasn't pleased that I was there. He was already having a hard enough time trying to get Denny's attention. Denny was in a white tee shirt and blue jeans. His hair was spiked up with his expensive gel. And he always has his black sneakers on if he wasn't racing.

"Trying to get Denny to listen but he's too focused on other things." Darien says in an aggravated tone.

"I'm just not in the mood to go over last weeks race."Denny says in a quiet tone.

That's when I knew something was wrong. I tap him on the shoulder and he looks at me. That's when I grab him by his shoulder and pull him aside near Carl's new 19 car.

"What's your deal?" I ask him quietly so Kyle doesn't over hear us.

"I have a lot going on right now alright? Babe just don't worry about it." Denny says to me.

That's when I roll my eyes and lay my right hand on his shoulder.

"Denny tell me what's wrong." I say to him.

Denny slides his right hand into his pocket and then pulls out his cell phone. He unlocks it and then hands it to me.

"My sister has been training now for a few months now. Anna got hurt... She is in the hospital now for further evaluations on her head." Denny says to me.

I lean against Carl's car and put my right hand on my head and rub my temple. I knew Denny's younger sister has been training at wwe developmental now for five months. I used to train with her actually which is what led to me meeting Denny.

"What happened?" I ask him.

He sighs and takes his phone back then he looks at me.

"I guess she didn't tuck her neck when they did a body slam. She smashed her head off the mat hard."Denny says.

I sigh and grow silent.

"Denny whys your beautiful friend leaning on my car?" I hear someone say.