Getting ready

* A few months after the injury*

" Come on Denny give me the ring ding!" I shout as he runs up the small set of stairs.

He smiles as I walk after him.

" Just a little more Dakota. Come on you can do it!" He says to me.

As soon as I make it to the stairs he disappears around the corner and goes up the rest of the stairs to the second floor.

" DENNY!" I shout.

I can hear him laughing at the top of the stairs. My back has almost healed since Mia did what she did. I have been training lately with the SHR pit crews. Picking up tires and moving them. Helping them build the engines. I also have been in the weight room a lot recently. I'm getting ready for my comeback to WWE. It's been a good four months that Iv been away. Mia had gotten her ass kicked awhile back by Kayla. A few new divas have surfaced as well. Chase's girlfriend got a shot a month back and since then Kayla and her have been hanging out nonstop. I can't wait till the title match between them this Sunday. That's when Vince has scheduled me to return. He has kept it a secret from everyone.

" DENNIS HAMLIN!" I yell up the stairs. Then I take a deep breath and go up the stairs quietly.

As I reached the top step Denny was no where to be found. I could guess where he went though.

I shift my eyes towards the bedroom and see the light coming from under the door slightly fade out. I grin and walk towards the door. As I open the door I see him out on the deck. We have a zip line going from the house to the pool. Denny looks back at me and winks. His hands wrapped around the handle of the thing. He then climbs up onto the fence and then jumps off.

" You've got to be kidding me. I should have just got another one from the box." I say to myself.

I hear Denny meet the water. His massive splash makes a mess of the area around the pool.

I walk back down stairs and go into the pantry. I grab another ring ding and walk over to the back sliding door that leads out to the pool. As Denny climbs out of the pool I hold the chocolate covered treat up and grin evilly. I then lock the back door as Denny starts to run towards the doors. I then shut the shade. As Denny runs for the front door I start to run for it. Right as my hand touches the lock the door swings open. I back up as he drips soaking wet.

" No no no! Away away!" I shout as I start to run the other way.

" Look at you. It's like you never got hurt!" Denny points out as I flip over the couch and land on my feet.

I look up at him and grin.

" Oh no.... Don't even think of it." Denny says.

He holds his arms out as if to keep me away from him. But I run at him and sweep him off his feet. A moment later I have him in a choke hold.

" I'm better then before." I say as I let go of him.

He laughs and sits up. His beautiful eyes staring deeply into mine. I kneel down beside him and kiss him on the cheek. As I go to get up he grabs hold of my hand lightly and pulls me towards him. His eyes still looking as beautiful before.

" I love you so much." He says as he runs his fingers through my hair.

I have never been in this kind of a situation and I was really nervous. Denny then pulls me close. Before I realized it his lips were pressed against mine lightly. It was an amazing feeling. His lips are so soft. With his caring touch wrapped around me. I start to give in and kiss him back. After five minutes or so I pull away and lay my head on his chest. He was running his hand down my spine lightly. It was silent. Very awkward for us both to be silent. If we weren't at each other's throats we were talking.