chapter 7-pain

She looked suspicious, not because of what happened, but by her actions. Sure, Spencer despised Yun, but she's not the kind to bring emotions and personal preference into work, and to her now, the training base is work.

    Death saw Yun peeking through the tinted glass first, that's why he stopped Spencer. Yun looked like she was taking notes down on a few pieces of paper, suddenly her cell ringed, Yun looked left and right before picking it up.

    "Hello?" she answered. And the person speaking on the other end seems to be commanding as she nodded and replied "mhm" once so often.

    "Yes... I don't think I need company... Yea yea I'm good... I will complete the mission boss... Alright... Thank you, thank you." her tone was very sincere. Boss? Who was the boss she was talking about? When Spencer turned around, the expression on Death's face changed, his usual smile faded and turned into a serious, harsh look that she has never been so frightened of.

    "What's wrong?" she whispered with a confused looked on her face.

    "Yun might not be who she seemed to be."

    "Huh?"

    By the way the girl was still trying to look through the window, practically on the window, she still hasn't noticed there were people inside and saw everything.

    Spencer had a weird feeling when she slowly let the words of Death sink in, who could Cheng Yun be? She's apparently not just a girl who wanted Venom.

    "Oh. My. God." was all she heard Death whisper under his breath when he stood tall, sprint to the door, shoving it open, sending Yun to the ground, and pulled out a gun out of nowhere in the speed of lightning, they both froze as Yun yelped in pain, there was a crisp crack when Yun tried to straighten her back and getting up, with the gun pointed to her face.

    Death had a half smile on his face and looked at Yun dead in the eye as she fell back down to the ground with a broken spine. Spencer slowly walked out of the room, setting her eyes on the girl on the ground.

    Then, without any sign of warning, Yun, who had an agonized look on her face, used the last of her strength to kick the gun out of Death's hand as the trigger was pulled and a bullet exploded on the tinted glass on the open door in a lying position and caught his gun mid-air when it was flying off to Spencer's direction.

    She struggled to stand up straight with the help of the nearby wall in the narrow hallway, her gun-holding arm wobbled as she slowly raised up high to aim at Death's expressionless face, her index finger wobbled as it entered the trigger hold, she let out a wicked giggle, "Oh so that's all you've got? Incheon Base, number two in the world in military and agent training, should be ashamed to have a trainee like you, who can't even grip his gun tight."

    Spencer looked at Death a yard from the bloody muzzle of the vicious weapon, who still doesn't have an expression on his face. It was all my fault, she wasn't even sure why it was the way it is, or why it's her fault, but in a leap, she pushed Death to the ground as the deafening bang was shot at her side. Their faces were touching and heat rose from Death's originally cold skin.

    "왜(why)..." He looked confused and anxious as she rolled onto the cold tile floor facing up, blood still gushing out of her body. She was unconscious.

    Angered filled Death as he sprang up and sent Cheng Yun to the flying after he grabbed the gun out her hand and stricken her in the head with the magazine of the gun.

    There was a loud thump when she landed about a meter away, her lips curled into a half-smile, there was a deep purple bruise on her forehead where she was hit.