chapter 28-exposure

The man seemed shocked, but Spencer couldn't make out his expression quite well when his face is under the mask.

"And how'd you assume that?"

"First, 'The Nine' is is just a group code name made up by the IBHQ, most specifically Dr. Seo; second, you stuttered when you said the 'headquarters' which shows you are still feeling guilty; but these two couldn't prove my hypothesis well, I was actually unsure before you slammed the table, the table was wooden but glass-coated, and if I'm not wrong, the glass is white sand mixed with small chunks of quartz and crystal, that's why it reflects colored rays of light in this white room-"

"You just guessed my identity with a table?" he snarled, "there has to be evidence."

"But I remembered that Dr. Seo had a diamond-studded metal ring, that's why I heard a small scratch with a crack when you slammed the glass surface," she walked over to the study table, "it's right there."

The man walked over, leaned his face close to where Spencer's hand was pointing.

Then in a split of a second, her hand flipped over and extended to the mask, it fell onto the table as soon as she touched it. Before he could react to any of this, Spencer turned to the side of the table he was on and kicked him right under the knee-cap with her pointy Saint Laurent flats.

Seo kneeled on the floor and growled in pain.

Spencer slowly took off her left shoe and lifted up the insole, revealing a sharp, small blade. Then the blade pushed against the man's neck, she sipped her shoe back on.

"Did you forget?" she smirked at Seo who still haven't recovered from the pain, "it was you who taught us to have weapons by our sides just in case."

"You-" he said between his teeth.

Slam!

"Spencer!"

"How did you guys-"

"Put the blade down! What are you doing!" it was Felix.

"But he-"

He ran towards her.

He grabbed the blade that she held at Seo's throat and threw it on the floor.

"Felix!" she finally shouted at him, "you know what he was trying to do?"

She squared her arm in front of her torso and pushed towards Felix, "If you don't know what happened, don't get involved in shi-this!"

"He was trying to convince me to turn The Nine over to his secret dark business. I have to tell you the details later," she snapped at him.

It was the first time Felix saw her so furious.

"In summary, he was trying to ruin me, ruin you, ruin everyone!"

"I-" Felix stuttered.

"Back off!"

Spencer turned back to face Seo and slapped him across the face, "You don't understand what you just did! I actually believed you, trusted you, respected you back in Incheon, but I am wrong! I actually can't right now."

She pulled out her belt that was tied around her shorts and ordered, "Put your arms out."

She quickly and tightly tied it around his hands as a substitution to handcuffs.

When she focused her eyes on those two guardsmen, they were both under the control of Hyunjin and Jisung.

She threw Seo's arms towards the floor and walked out.