chapter 23-hurt

No one said anything, Felix out his arm around her and she leaned on his shoulder and sobbed. They were all quiet until Chan spoke.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I will ever understand but I think I know what you are feeling, but you have to understand that we cannot disobey him, he's the director, and a specialist sent by the real conductor of the base who is in the governments, and is working with the national military, it's hard, but you must understand," Chan drew in a breath, "let's get to work."

He turned the computer back on, and Hyunjin and Jeongin were coding something, the others had paperwork, blueprints, information, and other devices out, she laid down on the bed, Felix was sitting beside her, holding her other hand while she covers her face with the left hand.

"Come on, just let it go, maybe they aren't all bad, your parents may not be bad, or they just made a mistake and got the wrong information," he tried to encourage her, but his words were not confident.

"The headquarters never make mistakes," Spencer sighed heavily.

"You never know."

It wasn't long before their designated meeting stop, the whole talk lasted for about 6 hours, from 5 pm to 11. They shut down all the devices, closed the notebooks and journals, packed it all up, and went back to their rooms.

The second her body hit the bed her eyes closed, not even bothering to change clothes, on top of the covers too, she was tired of all the information, coding designs, backgrounds, UTC, and most of all, Dr. Seo, she doubted him in the first time since joining the IBHQ. though her family was pretty much torn apart, they were still her parents, she'd rather trust that they are innocent than listening and believing to some man she met for less than a year.

The night was quiet and peaceful, she slept heavily, taking back the rest she lost...

Spencer was back to Sydney, back in Abbotsleigh, in English class, sitting next to her, was a blonde boy, who tried hard to focus and struggled to keep his head up with the support of his hand, the light freckles on his face made him look cute, he was tapping the pencil on the wooden desk that they shared.

Overall, English wasn't as troubling as chemistry, biology, and med for her, but the boy who sat on her right side would get 80's and sometimes even 70's on tests, it was rare seeing him getting an A-American standard A-that's because it happened once out of the tests that they took. She rarely tried to get a high grade on tests, quizzes, and other assignments.

The teacher stopped talking and turned off the projector which showed a poem, he walked around and handed out papers.

A pop-quiz. Just the way to make Felix's day, she thought. Felix was the boy sitting next to her.

Spencer saw him ta,e in a deep breath, ruffled his hair with the other hand, and rolled his eyes.

She couldn't help but giggle, it might have been very awkward since they have been sitting next to each other for about 4 months now, that they never talked, except for the first day when she transferred here from Philadelphia when she said hello and he ignored it.

She took out the pencil and quickly annotated the texts, marked answers without any trouble, she saw him glancing over, trying to cheat when the teacher wasn't paying much attention.

After they handed in the papers, there was a red A on Spencer's paper and a C on Felix's. He crumbled it up and stuffed it in his bag rather than neatly placing it into a folder as she did.

Classes with him always somehow made Spencer feel some way, not exciting, or annoying, she in a way enjoyed his company. They have five out of the six classes together, lunch too.