chapter 26-dreamy birthday

It was her birthday eve, which means it's currently Thursday. Sitting in Advanced Mathematical and Engineering Course IV, Spencer used her arm to support her head from, trying to not fall asleep. She already understood what Mrs. Duncan was teaching. Mrs. Duncan is a great teacher, she taught her math I-IV, a four-year course that she's finishing up this year, only her third year of learning. In fact, she was so accelerated in this course the school only has one or two other students that are progressing the same as her, so there wasn't any even more advanced course.

Mrs. Duncan provided Spencer a room in her own house for six months after she moved here for Abbotsleigh Academy since she had no time to find an apartment and is too young to. Mrs. Duncan is in her fifties, what it looks like, she was more like a grandmother to Spencer than a teacher, she made cookies and pies, helped her with homework of all subjects. So in return, Mrs. Song donated $70, 000 to the school and 60% of the donation went to her math courses. The Song's always sent her holiday presents with a hand-written note from Spencer, even until now.

The bell rang, she said bye to the teacher. On Monday after school, Felix Ubered with her. Turns out that they are only 5-minute walk away, in the same subdivision, just different apartment buildings.

Of course, he said that he would come to the party.

Melanie, Peyton, Lina, Myles, and Jason also RSVP-ed.

She has already reserved 3 VIP rooms next to each other that shares the private balcony, "living room" and pools in a high-end resort place, just about half an hour drive to Sydney downtown.

She carpooled with Peyton, her literal neighbor.

The night went by fast, studying and cooking her own food. She slept at 11 pm.

Spencer's eyes shot open, surrounding her was darkness, and Felix was right beside her. She squinted and saw on her phone that it was 2 am.

According to scientists, 3 am in the night is the closest you get to being dead.

She closed her eyes once again.

The morning sun shone through the thin white shades. She opened her eyes. After doing her morning routine, she put on a navy colored hoodie with white ripped jean shorts and FILA's. Her hair was in braids, her outfit looked neat, cute, and refreshing. After dusting some powder on her face and lightly tinting her lips and cheeks she locked her apartment door and knocked on Peyton's door. Her schoolbag on her shoulders.

The girl opened the door, holding a yogurt and granola bar, her soft blonde hair covering her face.

"G'day!" Spencer said in a fake Australian accent.

Peyton giggled. She was one of the first people Spencer met when she came. They are very close friends now.

"You wanna stop by at Starbucks on our way? We are about 10 minutes early than we usually are."

"Yeah," Peyton's accent was one thing Spencer was in a way jealous of. It sounded so nice and not a bit country-side, more London than Sydney.

They hopped on a taxi, drove through Starbucks to get coffee and some light breakfast.

Arriving at school, Felix was already standing in the hallway, waiting for the first period to start.

"Hey Peyton!" he said, looking up from his phone and placing the headphones he had on his neck.

She always hated when people here talked to each other the local way in front of her. She never understood.

"Spencer?" he said, turning around.