Ghostly Waters (?)

HORROR MOVIE DESTIEL goddamn it I have like this little writer’s block and I can not for the life of me come up with a story plot, but I was watching some Nightmare on Elm Street and I got in a monster movie mood. Dean, Sam and Cas know nothing of the ‘Supernatural’ world. Enjoy.

'

“I told you, it is just a cabin in the woods. Bobby said he rented it for himself but he couldn’t get off work.” Dean mumbled under his breath as a stick snapped under his boot.

Sam rolled his eyes as the bag over his shoulder began to dig into his shoulder blade. “Dear God, how fucking far is it?”

“Maybe another half a mile, I don’t know. I am just following the directions he gave us.” Dean spotted what he thought was a roof and breathed in with a sigh of relief.

It was almost an hour into their walking when Dean and Sam found the cabin. Sam stared at it with his lips pursed and his eyebrows brought together. It looked like a complete. Dean on the other hand grinned childishly and saw a nice retreat from college.

“Fucking awesome.” Dean laughed loudly as he started up the porch stairs. “This place rocks.”

“It sucks ass.” Sam groaned as he let his feet carry him up into the cabin. He had a nine page essay to complete during this trip and he hoped to whatever God out there that he had enough signal to email it to his professor.

Dean’s eyes scanned the beaten down interior. The living room was dark, with a single couch and chair that looked like they survived a hurricane. The walls were wooden and empty. A small fireplace hid the back corner with black ashes silently setting inside.

“Creepy as fuck.” Sam shook his head and trudged past Dean toward the hallway to find his bedroom. “I am taking a fucking nap.”

“You are such a buzzkill.” Dean watched his brother disappear down the shallow dark hallway as he tossed his bag on the couch and went to the kitchen. It wasn’t promising either.

There was a single table that creaked when Dean pressed his hand down on it. He pulled his hand back and saw it was gray with dust. Two chairs laid under the table and looked as if they would break under one single pound. Dean let his eyes trace a broken countertop and shook his head when he saw no fridge or any other appliance.

“Stone fucking ages.” He muttered as he turned back toward the living room. It was a good thing they brought their own food and none of it needed any preparation. He had spotted a place to build a fire outside and decided that was where the cooking would be taking place.

But Dean liked it. It was simple and almost charming. Bobby would be missing out and Dean planned to tell him all about it with great enthusiasm. Maybe lie and say there was a hot tub. Then Dean remembered that Bobby mentioned a lake a little way back behind the cabin.

“Sammy, I am going exploring!” Dean shouted from the edge of the hallway.

“Go fuck yourself for all I care!” Sam’s rough voice answered.

Dean smirked as he started out the door. Sam would rather be at the Hamptons and clashing glasses of champagne with the world’s richest. It was Dean who begged and ended up dragging him out here. Though Dean thought this would be good for them. Since they were kids they were all they had. And going to separate colleges had put a damper on their relationship that Dean wasn’t prepared to face head on. He loved his brother more than he did himself most of the time.

As he walked back behind the house and straight back into the woods, he began to feel goose bumps trail up his arms. It wasn’t even chilly and he was wearing his trusty leather jacket. Dean shook his head and shook the thought from his mind. A little of the sun poked through the tree line and warmed him. As the trees parted he saw the traces of a silently waiting water.