Purgatory

Prompt from jany-corn: smut purgatory destiel fic

BEEP BEEP smut alert, all aboard the smut train to purgatory!

'

“We have been walking all day.” Benny uttered under his breath as he kicked a rock to the side. “I am sick and fucking tired of this.”

“It’s purgatory, Benny, what else did you expect? Limos to drive us around?” Dean growled as he felt the own weight of the day wear down on his back and legs. All they did here was walk and kill. It was exhausting and he knew what Benny was edging toward.

“I think we should make camp for the night.” Cas whispered softly from beside Dean. Ever since they found the angel, Cas didn’t leave Dean’s side for a moment. “If we keep this up, Dean will not be able to fight.”

“I am fine.” Dean hissed as he gripped tighter to his weapon in his hand. He didn’t want to show weakness, especially in purgatory.

Cas read him like an open book like he always did and grabbed Dean’s arm firmly. “We are stopping.”

The three stopped their trek and turned to face each other. The wear and tear was obvious by the scrapes and mud that coated them from head to toe. Even though Dean loved this place a little more than he should, he couldn’t wait for a hot shower. That was all he strived for, that and seeing Sam.

“I am going to set up a perimeter. You two get a fire together or whatever.” Benny started to turn his back.

“What about the smoke?” Cas eyed Benny carefully, still unable to bring himself to trust a vampire.

“You want to freeze to death? They ain’t gonna fight us when this place is dark. Believe me, it’ll be fine.” Benny rolled his eyes at the angel and started off into the tree line to circle their area.

Cas turned and gave Dean a stern questioning look. “I don’t trust him, Dean.”

“Well I do. We have been through a lot when you were gone and we have a deal.” Dean still felt a pang of pain itch at his chest when he thought of his incredible journey to find Cas. He almost gave up finding the angel and that would’ve been worse than dying. “A fire is safe, alright? I don’t want you freezing to death.”

“I wont-“

“Just shut up and help me find some firewood.” Dean shuffled down the way a little and started to pile sticks and stray logs that he found into a pile. The silence between the hunter and angel was almost unbearable. When Dean had found Cas and hugged him, he never wanted to let go. The thoughts of Cas being caught and tortured had plagued Dean endlessly and brought a new array of emotions that he didn’t know he had.

Cas stayed silent as he followed Dean’s lead and quickly went to the task of collecting firewood. Before long they had a nice stack and Dean stood back to reach into his pocket. He was glad he still had his jacket on and he still had his lighter in his pocket. They both sat down on the ground as Dean leaned over and set a small fire in the brush under the sticks. Watching Dean protectively, Cas brought his knees up against his chest and set his chin on them. Although he was an angel, he still felt the tiring of this place weigh on him heavily.

“How are you holding up?” Dean asked as his nerves started to melt from the crackle of the small fire.

Cas shrugged lightly and turned his eyes over to watch the small warmth of a glow light up Dean’s face. How much he had missed that face he would never say. “I am fine. Better now that I know you are okay.”

Dean smirked and rolled his eyes as he set his weapon down close to him and leaned back to let his back stretch. “You really had me worried, Cas. When I couldn’t find you-“