I Hope This Never Ends

The Following Friday

Taraji and Tracie sat in the kitchen, watching Bernice make some food for her trip to help her sister Rachel finish moving into her new house. "Tracie can come over and your boneheaded dad might show up. No party, don’t touch my alcohol, no drugs, and just no illegal shit of any kind," Bernice listed off the don'ts to Taraji for the 10th time within the hour. Taraji rolled her eyes and leaned her head to the side. “And when can Terry come over?” she asked, knowing that her mother wouldn’t dare allow Terrence into the house with just Taraji. Bernice stopped bagging up her butterscotch candies and macadamia nuts and placed her hands on the counter. She let out two heavy breaths and looked at Taraji.

“Taraji, I know that you and Terry love to be around each other, but I think you can manage for two days without seeing each other. I just need to know that when I leave here and come back, that my 17 year old daughter will not be pregnant, because she couldn’t keep her legs closed for 48 hours. So, just this once, can you please not have Terry in the house?” Bernice asked, damn near begging her daughter to act like a virgin. “Ma, it’s not like we would be able to do anything. I’m on my period. We would just be watching movies or something. No more, no less,” Taraji argued. “You act like I don’t live in this house with you. I know you are lying. How about this? Terry can come over as long as Tracie is here. If she’s not here, neither should Terry,” Bernice bargained.

“What if someone is trying to rob the house or tries to kill me? Can Terry come save me without Tracie being here?” Taraji asked, just to annoy Bernice. “Shut up, girl. Give me a hug. I have to go,” Bernice demanded. Taraji got off the bar stool and wrapped her arms around her mother. “I love you mama. And don’t worry, I won’t do anything while you’re gone. Tell Aunt Rachel and the kids that I love them,” Taraji said, giving Bernice a kiss on the cheek. “I love you too and I will. I’ll see you girls in two days,” Bernice said her goodbyes and carried her belongings to the car.

Once Taraji saw the car disappeared down the street, she ran to the corded phone and dialed Terry’s number. “Who are calling? Terry?” Tracie asked. Raji nodded her head and smiled at her friend. Tracie shook her head and rolled her eyes. “What happened to ‘I’m on my period’? You are lying about bleeding now?” Tracie asked. Raji put her finger up and spoke into the phone. “Baby, come over. Mama just left, so it’s just me and Tracie,” she said looking back at her friend. “Bring JJ too,” she whispered then hung the phone up. She turned around and saw Tracie with her arms folded across her chest. “What? She already knew I was lying. Chill out, she is not going to say anything. She always acts like that when it comes to me and Terry, but only when other people are around. She knew we would be having sex. But I got Terry to bring JJ with him,” Taraji sang JJ’s name.

Tracie blushed and turned away. “Why did you do that Raj? We not together,” she whined with a smile on her face. “That’s your fault. JJ would do anything for you and you know it. Why won’t you give him a chance, Trace. You know he wants to claim you and not just in bed,” Taraji questioned, not sure why her friend was holding back. “I don’t know. He’s too good for me. He’s different and it scares me a bit,” Tracie confessed. She looked down in her lap, playing with her nails. “Girl, he seems like he loves you. He doesn’t feel like he’s too good for you. I think he just wants the chance to prove it to you,” Taraji hugged her friend as she heard the car pull into the driveway. “Fix your face. They’re here,” Taraji whisper shouted as she went to unlock the door.

As soon as he heard the lock, Terry opened the door, getting a glimpse of his girlfriend in a pair of jean shorts that stopped right under her ass cheeks. He licked his lips, then scooped her up, supporting her small frame by cupping her ass. “Give me a kiss,” he growled up at her. She leaned her head down and captured his tongue with hers, drawing out both of their moans as they wrestled for dominance. JJ walked through the door and into the kitchen, looking for Tracie. She came around the corner, seeing JJ, then looking at the two love birds who had yet to let go of each other’s tonsils. “How long are they going to stay like that?” JJ asked, looking them while wishing that was him and Tracie. “The whole weekend. How about we all go roller skating? I haven’t been in a while and that will keep them occupied without sucking their faces off,” Tracie suggested.