Epilogue: What We Needed

A Week And A Half Later

Terrence packed a bag to take with him to drop Heaven off. He packed gifts and a few outfits considering Christmas was right around the corner. He refused to miss Hev's first Christmas for anything. Brey sat on the bed, playing with her little sister as she watched her father pack. "Does this mean I have to spend Christmas with mom and Grandpa?" She asked, feeling jealous. To her being a child of Terrence and Taraji was better than being a child of Lori's. At least Taraji wasn't crazy and actually cared about them versus Lori.

Terry looked at his oldest daughter, seeing her mind go back to a dark place. "How about this? How about you come too? Since you haven't seen your brother in a month. I think you need a little break too," he told her. Her face lit up with excitement as she jumped up. "Really? I can go?" She asked, looking up at him. "Yeah, you can go. Go pack a bag, so when we leave, we can grab and go," he instructed, getting bulldozed by his 9 year old. "Thank you so much daddy!" She screamed, picking up Heaven and going to her room.

Lori walked down the hall, seeing Aubrey with a pep in her step. "Where are you going?" She asked the little girl. "I'm going with my brother and sister. Daddy said I could since you never let me see them," Brey sassed. Lori's face grew red with anger as she listened to the attitude that her daughter was giving her. She went and laid Hunter down, then stormed into the guest room Terry still was sleeping in. "Why is Aubrey talking about she is going with her brother and sister? It's Christmas and her brother is right here. This is where she is supposed to stay," she hissed at him, watching him load the final gifts in his luggage.

"It's Christmas and she misses her older brother. So if she wants to go then she can," he spoke as calmly as he could. "I don't care what you believe, but that boy is not her brother! And if you think I'm going to let you take her, then I guess you can kiss your career goodbye. You make your decision," she spat at him, her voice a little shaky. She backed out the room before Terry could get a good enough view of her face. He sat down, thinking if this was the game he wanted to play.

For too long, it's been him playing by Lori's rules. He wanted out at this point. It was reeking too much havoc on the kids, himself, and Taraji. It wasn't the life he envisioned for them whatsoever. Hearing Aubrey talking to Heaven, he knew his answer. "We get to see Celly! Are you ready to see our brother" She asked the nearly 1 year old. Hev clapped her hands together, bouncing as she said 'Cel'. Brey scooped up the little one, tickling her side and making her laugh. Right then, Terry knew it was best to let the kids stay together. If Lori wanted to play hard ball, then he was gonna play right back with her.

A few days later, early in the morning, Terry woke up Brey so they could head to the airport. It being 5 am, they managed to get out without hearing Lori's mouth, since Hunter kept her up until 3 am.

Making the flight, Terry sighed in relief as Heaven stayed sleep through the whole flight

Making the flight, Terry sighed in relief as Heaven stayed sleep through the whole flight. Brey laid against him, her curly hair covering her face. Thirty minutes later, Terry found himself drifting off to sleep, only to wake up to Heaven slapping him in the face before the flight came to an end.