A Different World

[In remberence to I_Give_Life's books. You are missed.]

2 weeks later......

"Phillip can you help Taraji with that?" Bernice asked, Taraji cringed and rolled her eyes seeing him walking torwards her.

She couldn't get used to the fact that her mother had a new man. Neither could Terry. In fact he still mugs Phillip when he's around. Taraji couldn't shake that memory, her mother in that outfit, the sex music, the chamapgne,  him shirtless. You ever seen a buff old dude? They just look unnatural. It was traumatizing even at her age.

2 weeks earlier....

"Ummmm....Alice? Who the hell is Phillip? Where he come from?" Taraji questioned. Alice cleared her throat nervously.

"Yeah and why he with mama Bernice?" Terrence hotly asked, but dropped his tone when his mother rose a brow. He was just as protective with Bernice as he was with his own mom. Mystery man wasn't sitting right with him.

The door swung open and Bernice stepped out dressed. Taraji crossed her arms giving her mother a look you gave your kid when they did something. Bernice sighed pursing her lips.

"I can't have no damn privacy!" She groaned aloud.

"Who's Phillip?!" Taraji questioned, Terrence crossed his arms as well.

“Yeah!” Terrence spoke cosigning on Taraji's question.

"If you most know Phillip is a friend." She responded, the door opened again revealing the man now with a shirt. Terrence straightened up giving him a deadly glare. Taraji gave her mom a look, friend her ass. Since when do friends play grab ass under the covers?

"Mom." Taraji bit out. Bernice rolled her eyes and sighed. Shooting a look to Alice for help, Alice shrugged. Her best friend was on her own.

"Phillip, this is my daughter Taraji. The one I was telling you about, and the one glaring at you is her boyfriend. He's like my son." Bernice started, Phillip smiled and stuck out his hand.

Terrence looked at it, then back at his face. Alice shook her head, her hand flew out smacking him for being disrespectful. He groaned rubbing his head, and shaking the hand.

"Guys, this is Phillip.....my boyfriend." Bernice softly spoke, Taraji looked at her mom as if she grew two heads.

Boyfriend.....

Boyfriend?.....

BOYFRIEND?!

"Thank you." Taraji mumbled to the shirtless man.

It creeped her out that he was still fit. He was a silver fox apparently, that's what Bernice called him anyways. Despite the fact that he proved to be a nice guy. It was just weird to know your parents still got it in on the regular.

"Awww, I hate how empty your room is now." Bernice spoke shutting the door on the Uhaul truck. It was packed and ready for the trip.

"Mom no more tears. I can't deal." Taraji mumbled.