I'm Happy for You...I Guess

Halloween day....

Terrence jogged up the stairs to Taraji's apartment. A smile gracing his face, he had just left Lori's friends place. She was headed back into town after her doctors appointment. She was due next week, everything was looking good and healthy. He couldn't say that seeing his daughter on the screen, moving around didn't warm his heart.

Things were just looking up for him. He had some things he was rather excited to talk to Taraji about. He figured since they had the whole weekend stuck together, it would be perfect. He had been rather gloomy lately. He feared he didn't have his mojo, because even after giving Taraji the dick of her life months ago things were still low with them.

His only "baby's", and "I love you's" were said in the bedroom. He would be lying if he said that he hated that fact. He just wished she'd stop building and upgrading her walls. It was like trying to punch through concrete and brick with your bare hands.

He knocked on the door getting no response. The loud music he heard playing lowered promting him to knock again. The door opened revealing Taraji in a sports bra, her son on her hip.

"I thought someone knocked." She spoke slightly winded, he could see the light sweat on her body. Stepping aside she handed a whining Marcel to his father. He licked his lips eyeing her body as she walked away. He shut the door then watched her go back to what appeared to be working out.

"What are you doing?" He asked just to be spoken to. She hummed following through with a squat.

"Keeping my mind and body healthy. Anyways, if you wanna help out. You can give Marcel a bath and wash his hair. His costume is in the baby bag, but I'm not putting it on him till we get to mama's." Taraji spoke stretching out some more. Marcel watched his father attentively, his bottle hanging out of his mouth.

"His hair is getting long

"His hair is getting long." Terrence voiced, looking at the fro, he was growing. He shook his head.

"I'm aware of that. What's wrong with it? I like it!" Taraji spoke spinning around to face him. She perched a hand on her hip giving him a glare.

"I mean...it's gonna bother him when you gotta pick it out. He gone be whining and crying." He argued, she huffed going into the nursery.

"When it gets worse then I'll think about cutting it. Leave him alone." She responded, he chuckled shaking his head.

"Yeah okay Penda. But I swear you gone be begging me to get his hair cut. You just wanna be bullheaded....ain't that right Cel." Terrence teased, she re-entered the room with a scowl handing him a towel and his shampoo.

"Kiss my ass." She spat putting the items in his hand. He smirked shaking his head.

"Oh I have. Don't you forget that." He laughed entering the bathroom.

20 minutes later......

Terrence watched Taraji pack her bag for the weekend. He playfully tossed Marcel in the air. His son's laughs filling the room, His little hands reaching out for Terrence's face. He growled at his son watching the little one giggle snatching his hands away.