Never How We Want It

Raji sat up in the hospital bed, feeding a very hungry Heaven. Marcel sat on the bed, watching how things worked. He didn't want to leave his little sister's side, an immense amount of love for her grew within him as he constantly looked at her and held her. "Mom hurry up so I can hold her!" He complained. Raji shook her head, surprised by how much he loved Heaven but couldn't stand to be around Brey too long, even if you paid him. Junior came in, picking up Cel and tossing him over his shoulder. "Time to go C baby," he told the boy.

"No I want to stay here with mama and Hev!" He pouted, kicking his legs to free himself from Junior. "Boy I'll beat yo ass in this hospital, you better chill," Junior spat out. Cel stopped kicking, little sniffles came from him as he found himself defeated. "Cel, you can come back in the morning. We aren't going anywhere," Taraji told him, placing Heaven on her shoulder. "Fine, but we're coming early!" He demanded of Junior. "We'll get here when we get here. See you later Raja and little Rae," Junior said, bouncing Cel on his shoulder to make him sick.

Taraji smirked then looked back at her beautiful new baby girl. She couldn't believe that she actually had a new baby. Of course she spent days imagining that Brey was biologically hers, but it was nothing like holding her own flesh and blood. "You better not be a pain in my ass for the next 18 years. I went through enough just to give you life. I need a break," Taraji talked to the big eyed girl. Heaven payed attention to every little thing that involved her mother. It was like she was obsessed already with Taraji.

The door opened, Terry walking in with a sour look on his face. He looked at his Beloved, talking to his youngest and smiled. If anyone could cheer him up, even through his darkest moments, it was Raji. She looked up, seeing him smile as he watched them interact. "We need to tell daddy that it's not nice just to stare. He's such a creep," she spoke to the child. "Don't be telling her shit like that," he sucked his teeth, walking over to the bed. Raji giggled, rocking the sleepy baby back to sleep.

Terry leaned in, placing a soft kiss on Taraji's cheek, then sat next to her on the bed, grabbing Heaven out of her arms. "She's everything I thought she'd be, Penda. Thank you for having her," he said, tears forming again as he looked at his youngest. "Thank you for giving her to me," Raji said as she placed her chin on his shoulder and admired her baby girl. He sniffed, wiping his tears so he could prepare to tell her what Lori was doing to him. "What is it?" She asked, knowing something was about to rock her world. He sighed, putting Heaven in the bassinet.

"Lori is blackmailing me. She said either I stay and give her another kid or... or she does an interview and tells everyone that I'm an abuser and get me black balled so I'll never work again, and she'll take Brey and take me to court for a divorce and child support," he explained, looking down at the floor. Taraji's face remained blank. She was expecting something bad, but she didn't think that it was this much, especially all for another child. "Baby say something please," Terry grabbed her hand.

"I knew things wouldn't go the way we wanted. Why does she even want a kid? She doesn't even like to take care of Brey!" She found herself growing upset. Not because Lori wanted Terry to give her a baby, but because that meant another child neglected by their birth mother. Another child that would most likely want to stay with Taraji instead of Lori yet again. Meaning another round of baby mama drama. "I don't know why she wants another one. I don't want to give her one. I don't want to touch her. I want to be here with you and our kids baby. I just-" Raji sighed, knowing he couldn't.

"So you're going to give up your thriving career just so you can be with me? You're going to ruin your reputation?" She asked, trying to find herself comfortable. "What am I supposed to do?" He asked her, not bothering to wipe the tears from his eyes. She dropped her head, going back down memory lane. Back to when things were simple between them, without all the drama. She missed that so much. Now everything was so complicated and there were children involved now. That was the one thing she hated the most. Everything that happened affected their babies.