A What?

Later that night.....

Terrence knocked on Taraji's door. He knew it was late, but it was the only time he could slink away unnoticed. He heard some shuffling before, the door opened.

"Hey I know it's late but...." She cut him off with a shush. Opening the door wider. Marcel lay in his mother's arms fast asleep on her shoulder.

"I was just gonna get him into bed, come in." Taraji whispered.

"Here, let me help you." He offered carefully taking Marcel from her.

She shut the door as he walked off. Going into the kitchen she turned on the stove setting her tea kettle on an eye. She sighed dropping her head. It was hard not to notice the ring that gleamed under her porch light. She knew what she expected, but she also knew him.

As the kettle started to whistle Terrence entered the room. He inched in watching her put a teabag in her cup. She looked out the window for a second before shaking her head.

"Stop creeping around this house. It makes me uncomfortable." She spoke, he chuckled walking over torwards her.

"You want a cup?" She asked, he shook his head giving her that look that made her pause. With a sigh she poured the hot water into her cup, he looked down at the floor.

"Courthouse?" She asked, glancing over her shoulder. He sighed and nodded.

"Look, Taraji...can we sit down and talk." He asked, she nodded walking over to the dining table. He took a seat next to her, turning his chair to face her.

".....I love you Raji, and I know you know that. I love you more than a friend and I always will....." He started, she chuckled feeling a wave of emotions hitting her.

"You make it sound like you're dying." She spoke to lighten how dark he was making things. He chuckled grabbing her hands.

"I married her a few hours ago. It took me forever and a day to come to a decision. I got my lowest in a long time, and I needed time to reflect. I just wanna to let you know I followed through. I don't want things to change between us, sometimes I can't control myself and I get wild around you. I don't want us to chase each other. I just got my best friend back, I can't begin to tell you that I'm so happy with you and Marcel here." He spoke, Taraji smiled softly feeling him caressing her hand as he spoke. His eyes never leaving hers.

"Taraji I've fucked up....us. I wish I hadn't I...."

"Terrence, here me when I say this. I forgive you.....I forgive you Terry. I can't carry that pain amymore. It's in the past, leave it there. When I try to hate you I can't. It's been 4 years, I may never understand why you did it. But I can't focus on that, we gotta move forward. I want to have a healthy relationship with you. We cant if we hold on to this. Forgive yourself." She spoke a tear slipping from her eye, he brought her hands up to his lips and kissed the skin. His emotions starting to overtake him, his eyes glossed as he maintained eye contact.

"I don't get why god blessed me with you. I'm glad he did though. You are my star, my gift, you hold the key to my heart always and forever." He spoke bringing her hands to touch over his heart.

He reached out wiping her tears with his thumb. She sniffled feeling alot more emotional then she wanted to. She pulled her hands from his grip and threw them around his neck pulling him in for a hug. He sighed resting his head in the crook of her neck.

He placed a butterfly kiss on her neck, so soft she barely noticed. He hugged her tighter feeling like he made a mistake. She wouldn't tell him how she felt, and he knew part of the reason was because had she, he would be right here with her in a heartbeat.