Cry Baby, Cry

Taraji parked in the drop off and pick up zone waiting for school to get out. She was fresh outta work, made a stop home to change.....and eat, alot! She turned the car off, letting the A.C and radio run. She was feeling her lowest today. Her hair in a messy bun, sweats and a sweatshirt with the hoodie on and shades.

Her eyes were puffy and red from crying about virtually everything and nothing. She had finally mustered enough strength to clean up her room and bathroom, which meant coming face to face with those tests again. Which started a whole new onslaught of tears. To make matters worse she was out of snacks, and she ate all the cereal.

The kids would have nothing to eat. Which meant she had to go to the store, with a bunch of people around, looking tore up. Taraji sniffled feeling tears coming on again. She didn't want to go to the store, she just wanted her bed.

"Hi mama!" Cel blurted hopping in the car. His giddiness ended seeing her crying.

"What's wrong?" He asked closing the passenger door. She wiped her face with her sleeves.

"Nothing baby. Where's Brey?" She asked, Marcel shrugged buckling up.

"Our teacher wanted to talk to her after class." He answered, digging through his backpack so he can get a head start on his homework and beat Aubrey to the game system.

"Is she in trouble?" Taraji asked getting ready to get out until she spotted Aubrey approaching the car. She climbed into the backseat quietly, buckling up without saying a word.

"Brey, what's up?" Taraji asked starting the car, the normal bubbly kid was quiet on what day?

"I'm okay. Hi mama Raji." She mumbled, looking out the window. Taraji frowned for some reason getting her feelings hurt. She drove off heading to the store.

"Where we going?" Marcel asked noticing that this wasn't the right route for home.

"The grocery store. I ate your cereal, I'm sorry." She responded, he looked at her and pouted. At least they were heading to the store to restock. They made it to the store in record time and walked in, Taraji keeping both her shades and her hoodie on, along with her fuzzy bunny slippers.

"What are we getting?" Marcel asked confused on why his mom hadn't told him not to ask for anything.

"Whatever you want." She answered, Aubrey looked at her sideways.

Marcel didnt say another word, in no reality would his mom ever say that so he was taking advantage of this moment. Grabbing Aubrey's hand he took off down the aisle, Taraji followed like a Zombie ready to go already. Her body felt like she had been working out for weeks straight without a cool down day.

Soon Marcel had the basket full of junk food. Things like candy, ice cream, pizza rolls, pizza, the sugary cereals. Aubrey walked over to Taraji who was staring at the different flavors of juice.

"Mama Raji, are you crying?" She asked, Taraji shook her head grabbing some cranberry juice and apple juice.

"No, I'm just tired." Taraji responded as if the 7 year old couldn't see the light reflecting off her tears. Aubrey's lip quivered as she watched Taraji, feeling like she was the worst kid in the world. The trio checked out and were home in no time. Marcel too eager to finish his homework so he could eat the cinnamon rolls he had picked out.

"Do your homework, I'm gonna check." Taraji mumbled grabbing a bag of gummy worms before heading to her room. That seemed to be the last straw for Aubrey. She missed when Taraji sat with them and helped them do homework, while she would cook. She missed her laugh, her smile, the way she would whup Marcel for being an ass. He got away with everything now.