Shit Always Happens

The Next Day

Taraji woke Terrence up bright and early to go crib shopping. She already had her eyes on a crib and couldn't wait to get to the store to grab it. Terry got up, groaning as he stretched out. He looked at Taraji jiggle into a pair tights then grab a long sweater. She turned around, smiling at him. "Why are you staring at me and not getting dressed?" She asked, crawling towards him. He pulled her down to him, giving her a kiss. To her, he was just being affectionate, but to him, he was starting his apologies early.

"Because you're so breathtaking. How are you so gorgeous while carrying my seed?" She blushed at his words. They meant everything to her, because she didn't think she looked that great, even though she was hardly the size of a typical pregnant woman. "Stop it! Get up baby. You said we could go crib shopping and I already got one picked out. I just need your money," she giggled, feeling his fingers tickle her sides.

"Oh, you just need my money? Is that all I'm good for?" He playfully asked her. She shrieked, trying to get out of his hold. Her laughter was music to his ears, especially after knowing what he did at the party. "You're more than that to me baby. You're about to be my husband!" She waved the ring in his face, smiling extra hard. He kissed her hand, then her forehead and lips. "Yes, I am. Alright I'm getting dressed. Can you make me something to eat babe?" He asked walking into the closet.

She hummed her response, going into the kitchen to cook. Once he heard her leave he dropped his head, tears falling from his eyes. The guilt was getting too much for him. She was so excited and talking about the wedding and all he could think about was fucking Lori. He had questions roaming through his head about that night. Did he really fuck her or did he fall asleep before anything happened? Did he use protection? He grabbed the pants he had on and checked the pocket.

Nothing was there except a doobie. "Fuck man!" He whispered to himself. Chances were, he didn't wrap it up because he hadn't used a condom since Taraji found out she was pregnant and the ones he had, he threw out. He leaned against the door, trying to find ways to tell her about his mistake. He grabbed some sweat pants and a wife beater, and an Adidas jacket to go over it. As he put his shoes on, he heard somebody knock at the door. "Who is it!" He heard Taraji yell.

He heard her throw the spatula on the counter and walk to the door. Instinctively, he got up and headed to the front door, hoping to spare whoever was there from the wraths of Raji. "Boy why didn't you say it was you? Acting like you couldn't hear me!" Taraji rambled at a quiet JJ. "My bad Raj. Where is...hey man, can I talk to you about something real quick?" JJ asked, seeing Terry come up behind Taraji. "Yeah, let's step outside. You almost done cooking?" He said against Raji's neck, giving her a quick peck.

"Almost. Go talk to your friend so I can finish," she pushed him off of her. "I thought we was cool Taraji!" JJ looked at her with disbelief. "We are. Shut that damn door! Letting my good air out!" She yelled from the kitchen. They two friends stepped outside and shut the door. JJ quickly turned, grabbing Terry by the jacket, hemming him up against the wall. "What the fuck did you do nigga!" JJ asked him. Terry pushed him back, fixing his jacket.

"Man chill out alright! I don't know what I...I don't know," his voice cracking as he thought about it again. "Fuck do you mean you don't know? Either you fucked that girl or you didn't! Which one is it?" J semi yelled at him, visibly pissed. "Her name is Lori," Terry mumbled. "Nigga I don't give a fuck what her damn name is! Did you fuck her!" JJ shouted. "I think I did man. It's killing me! I gotta tell her J. I can't lie to her," Terry said, pacing on the step. He went to go back inside and confess when JJ grabbed him. "You are not about to go in there and break her heart!" JJ told him.

"Bro what do you mean?" Terry stressed. He never expected JJ to be the one who was on team secrets. "If you go in there and tell her you fucked a white girl who isn't even half as good looking as Taraji, don't take that the wrong way, she is going to flip. And when she flips, she is going to break inside and she is going to feel like she's dying and that might result in your son actually dying too. If you are going to tell her, do it after he's born at least. Just 4 more months man. In the meantime, stop fuckin with Rashad! He got you drunk on purpose! Get yo shit together! You're going to be a father no matter what happens and it's not a bad thing! Stop acting like your world is ending!" JJ preached to Terry.