XI

"Hello," Klaue giggled and made faces at the one way mirror, "I can see you!" He continued, making kissing sounds. He was tied to a metal chair in the interrogation room alone as T'Challa, Ava, Everett, and Okoye viewed him from their side of the glass. Ava squirmed uncomfortably at the sight of him, it was almost as if he really could see them, though she knew he couldn't.

Everett Ross sighed and turned to T'Challa. "So this is a big mess, huh? I figured we could go good cop bad cop." He said, crossing his arms. "I'll talk to him first, then you guys go in." 

"We can't let him talk to Klaue alone." Okoye muttered in Xhosa.

Ava glanced at Ross, whom was frowning at Okoye because he could not understand her, and sighed. There was no way they could keep him from getting to talk to Klaue without a fight. "It is better to let him talk to Klaue for five minutes than cause a scene."

T'Challa glanced at both women, pressing his lips together in thought. Ava crossed her arms, pulling the overly large coat over her arms that she was provided from another CIA agent in the base they were in. T'Challa looked to Ross and held his head high, looking down at the white man. "After your questioning, we will take him with us back to Wakanda."

Ross's face scrunched as his head recoiled backward. "What? No." He shook his head. "Look, I like you, a lot. But he is in my custody now. He's not going anywhere. Listen, I'm doing you guys a favor by letting you guys even be in here." He said, putting his hand on T'Challa's arm for a moment as he spoke. 

Ava's eyes widened at the action and Okoye glared at Ross threateningly. "If he touches you again, I am going to impale him to this desk." She hissed in native tongue, pointing to the desk behind them. Ava smirked and pursed her lips, chuckling softly as she high-fived Okoye.

Ross stared at the two of them, cocking his head and looking at T'Challa. "Does she speak English?"

"When she wants to." Okoye said, cocking her head like Ross had done. 

"Huh," Agent Ross paused, looking at Okoye uncomfortably before clearing his throat, "I'm going in. When I am done, you guys are up." He said, turning to leave.

T'Challa clapped a large hand on Ross's shoulder, smiling politely. "Agent Ross, I really do appreciate your help in Busan." He said when the agent turned to look at him.

Everett smiled, giving a nod. "You're welcome." He said, looking to Okoye. "See that? That's called diplomacy." He finished and headed into the interrogation room where Klaue was belting out the song What Is Love by Dee Dee Halligan.

Once he was out of earshot, Ava grinned at Okoye. "Play nice." She laughed.

"Americans." Okoye scoffed and rolled her eyes, watching as Everett sat down across from Klaue, crossing his arms.

Ava bit her lip anxiously, watching as the two men began talking. The only man that knew the truth about Wakanda was Klaue, and they didn't want their secrets revealed to the world. The only thing she truly was thankful for was that Klaue didn't know about Barnes, but if the world swarmed their country, he could be discovered. 

"You really shouldn't trust the Wakandans." Klaue said to Everett. Ava glanced at T'Challa, whom watched on in silent, running his thumbnail across his lip absent-mindedly.

Ross shook his head. "I don't trust anybody. Not in this job." He said, sitting forward and narrowing his eyes. "But what I am interested in is that arm canon out there. Where'd you get that?"

Klaue shrugged. "It's an old mining tool I made some adjustments to. But I can get you one, if you'd like." He smirked mischievously. 

"Why don't you give me the name of your supplier, and I will ask them?" Agent Ross blinked a few times, studying Klaue's expression.