XIV

Ava had her arms crossed, focusing on anything besides the loss of Zuri. In this instance, the group of them stood in M'Baku's throne room again. M'Baku was sat in his throne, and T'Challa was now dressed in warm robes from the Jabari tribe. "Killmonger has the full support of our military, and he burned the garden of the heat-shaped herb." Ava said, looking at T'Challa.

"Of course he did." Ross said, gaining everyone's gaze. "That's what he is trained to do. His unit used to work with the CIA to destabilize foreign countries. They would always strike at transitions of power, like an election year or the death of a monarch. You get control of government, the military-"

"Our resources." Shuri interrupted, glancing at Ava nervously. Barnes. They both knew the risk of having Killmonger take leadership of Wakanda with access to all rooms in the palace, incuding where the soldier was hidden. Ava only prayed he had not been found yet. "The Great Mound, our vibranium, all of my designs." The princess continued, turning her attention back to T'Challa. "He will send our weapons all over the world."

T'Challa nodded slowly, thoughtfully, as he clasped his hands together behind his back. "You must get them out of Wakanda safetly." He instructed, looking at Agent Ross. Ava opened her mouth to protest. T'Challa could not face Killmonger alone.  

"What about you?" Shuri asked, her head, before anyone else could have replied. Even Agent Ross was unable to voice his concern before Shuri piped up.

The true king lifted his chin and inhaled deeply, his eyes scanning over all of his friends and family in the room. "The challenge will have to continue."

"T'Challa, we will not leave Wakanda." Shuri said, stepping closer to her brother with sincerity in her eyes. "It is my duty to keep you safe. If he gets control of our technology, nowhere will be safe."

Ava nodded in agreement, placing her hand on his arm gently. "The Black Panther lives. And when he fights for the fate of Wakanda, we will be right beside him." She said, nodding to Shuri as well. 

"As will I." Nakia stepped forward confidently. 

"I'm in too." Agent Ross offered with a firm nod of his head, his arms folded tightly over his chest. Everyone turned their attention to him again, raising their brows in questioning if he really wanted to do this. "You're going to need all the help you can get."

"Are you done?" M'Baku sighed loudly, looking annoyed. Ava nearly forgot he was present, but looked up at him as he stammered, rolling his eyes at them. "Are- Are you done?" He complained again.

T'Challa looked up at him and smiled before looking back at his family. "Will you give me and Lord M'Baku a moment alone please?"

**********

"Mama will stay here with the Jabari." T'Challa said as he returned from his conversation with M'Baku. He looked to her with a loving smile, reaching for her hand. "They will keep you safe here, Mama." He said, raising her hand to his lips to gently kiss her knuckles before he let go.

The Queen looked up at him with pride, reaching out to touch his cheek. "Bring us back our Wakanda." She whispered softly. 

Ava smiled at their interaction, thinking about her own interactions with Zuri. They reminded her of him. T'Challa smiled as well before pulling away from her, looking to the rest of the group. "We are going to need a plan."

**********

Ava followed Nakia and Shuri into the palace, left unwatched. Killmonger had all of the guards and warriors with him up at the launch pad, preparing to send weapons across the world. Luckily, T'Challa was on the field in front of them, providing a distraction so the ohers could slip into the palace unnoticed.