~Chapter 1~

PART 1

"You ready?", Mom peeked her head through our bathroom door. I checked my outfit one more time and nodded my head. Starting off my junior year at a new school. I know absolutely no one and all the kids are probably a bunch of jerks. Fantastic. At least I looked cute.

At least one good things going to come out of this new school

At least one good things going to come out of this new school. They have an awesome basketball team. I mean, there isn't a girls team but that doesn't mean I can't play with the boys. I'm good enough to, I'll just have to prove it.

"Let's go, you don't want to be late.", Mom said, walking all the way into the bathroom. "You look beautiful.", she then said. I love my mom, but she's trying way to hard to make everything up to me. Everything that happened with dad.

"Thanks. Might as well look good on my first day.", I slipped some lip gloss into my backpack and threw it over my shoulder. "Let's get this over with.", I walked out of the bathroom and through our two bed hotel room. Oh yeah, did I mention we were living in a hotel room. Mom says we'll only be here until she has enough money to get us an apartment, so we should be here a while.

Mom and I walked down to the elevator and waited for the doors to open. I walked in and pressed the button to take us to the garage level. That super annoying music that they only play in elevators, filled the silence between Mom and I.

The two doors dinged and opened up revealing rows of parked cars. I walked down to Mom's red, Volkswagen bug and hopped in the passenger side. The bug was the least expensive car Mom and I could afford before we left Chicago. It got good gas mileage, so we actually made it all the way to Albuquerque without having to hold up a sign on the side of the road.

Mom opened the drivers side and started the engine. I looked out the window and watched the other cars pass by. I'm missing my old friends right about now, especially Macy. She always knew how to turn a bad situation into something amazing. I really need her right now.

"I'm sure everyone at East High will be really nice, and I know you're going to be the best player on the basketball team!", Mom broke the silence by saying. I wanted to believe her, really bad. "I hope.", I sighed as she pulled into the schools parking lot.

"I'm going to be at the diner until 8 tonight, so ride the bus home. I love you, have a good day.", she had completely forgot about tryouts after school, which means I'm most likely going to be walking back to the hotel. Wonderful.

The school was big. A lot bigger then I'm used to. I walked through the entrances double doors and checked my schedule. Theater, room 214. My old school didn't even have a theater class, and what school has 214 rooms? This should be interesting.

After searching what seemed like every classroom in the building, the tardy bell rang. Awesome Kenna, you're late for you first day. I checked the last classroom in this hallway and found room 214. Finally! I opened the already closed door and walked in.