~Chapter 3~

This has been the longest week ever! Ever since Troy said he wanted me to be his co captain, I haven't been able to wait for Friday.

Monday, after he told me about being co captain, I ran home all excited. That's when the countdown started. 4 days until Friday.

Tuesday, practice was awesome. I learned all the plays and was introduced to Chad, who I also learned was Troys best friend and also a thought for co captain. 3 days left.

Wednesday, I met Sharpay and Ryan after I was forced to listen to them talk about how they were going to be the leads in the musical. 2 days, just 2 more!

Now it's Thursday and I'm at Troy's, again, for the 4th time this week. I've been here everyday since my run on Monday.

"My minds still made up, you know?", Troy said, passing me the ball. I shot the ball from the free throw line. "How could I forget? I've been so excited for Friday ever since."

"Then why did you make me wait until Friday?", he rebounded the ball and stuck it under his arm. "Because it wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the team. At least give them a week before you drop something like this on them.", I replied.

He nodded and pulled the ball out from under his arm and shot a layup. "So What are we going to do tomorrow? We have to be at practice and the theater after school.", I said, changing the subject.

"I'll go after practice, just going to be late.", he answered. "Are you going to audition?", I asked. I've been debating on auditioning all week since Mom caught me singing Monday. I mean, it could be fun, right?

"Work backstage.", he passed me the ball. Sticking it under my arm, I asked, "What if we auditioned together?" "What do you mean?", he raised his eyebrows in confusion. "We could audition for a part together. Come on it could be fun!", he still stood with his eyebrows raised.

"You kind of owe it to me.", I pointed out. "How do I owe it to you?", he laughed out. "I'm going to gladly accept your invitation for co captain, so again, you owe me."

He laughed even more, before pausing for a while. "Fine, But only because I owe you, I guess.", he finally caved in. "Thank you!", I wrapped him in a hug before pulling away, smiling.

We continued shooting around, now a lot more excited for Friday.

~

It's finally Friday! I've waited all week for today and it's finally here! I got dressed for the day and headed out the door.

There's so much I can't wait for

There's so much I can't wait for. Co captain and auditioning with Troy. I'm so excited for it all.

I'm happy I got Troy to audition with me, even if he don't really want to. I think it will be fun, plus I'll get to spend more time with him.

Mom was already in the car when I got down to the garage. I jumped in the passenger side and closed the door behind me.

"So, did you decide to audition today?", she asked, pulling out of her parking spot. "Yeah, Troy and I are going to do it together."

"Is Troy the reason you've been going on runs every night this week.", she asked. How does she know everything?! "He's not the total reason.", I said, looking out the window. For once, I'm actually dying to get to school.

"What have y'all been doing every night?", why can't she let this go? "Just shooting around at his place."

"Do you like him?", she smiled to herself. "Mom!", I yelled. She laughed and said, "Sorry." School couldn't be farther away.

~

"You ready?", Troy asked, walking on to the court. "I'm more than ready.", I said, jumping a little on my toes.

"Hey guys, huddle up.", Troy yelled to all the guys. "Okay guys, I've thought about it all week and Coach also agrees with my decision. I've decided to make Kenna our co captain. She's put in a bunch of hard work this week and Coach and I think it's a good choice.", Troy told everyone.

I held my breath, scared of what they were going to say. After a few seconds,  had said from beside Troy, "Awesome Kenna!" I ok I a big sigh of relief. Everyone else chimes in with Chad, giving their congratulations and good jobs.

"Thanks guys.", I gave all of them a smile. "Let's get started with practice.", Coach yelled. "Get started with layups.", he then yelled again.

We all got started shooting layups and beginning practice.

~

"Anymore auditions?", I heard Ms. Darbus say from the theater. Troy and I ran through the doors into the theater, running down the isle going to the stage.

"Wait, Ms. Darbus! We want to audition!", I yelled as we ran down toward her. "Mr. Bolton, Miss. Turner. You're late.", she replied.

"I know, we're sorry. Just please let us audition.", Troy said. He actually sounded like he wanted to do this.

She thought about it for a minute before sighing and saying, "Fine, go ahead." I smiled as we made our way up the steps to the stage. I handed Kelsi, the girl playing the piano, a piece of sheet music to play.

She began to play the piano as Troy began to sing;

Troy: BOLD
McKenna: ITALICIZED
Both: BOLD AND ITALICIZED

"It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see."
"You were always there beside me."

"Thought I was alone, with no one to hold."
"But you were always there beside me."

"This feelings, like no other."
"I want you to know."

"I've never met someone that knows me like you do."
"The way you do."
"I've never had someone so good for me as you."
"No one like you."
"So lonely before I finally found..."
"What I've been looking for."

Troy and I looked at each other as the song ended. I starred into his crystal blue eyes as he stared into mine. I almost forgot that we were onstage until I heard people clapping around us.

"Mr. Bolton and Miss. Turner, that was very beautiful.", Ms. Darbus said while clapping. "Callbacks will be posted outside my room on Monday. Good luck to all of y'all.", she stood up and walked down the isle towards the exit.

"Thank you for doing this with me Troy.", I said as we walked off the stage. "You're the only person I would have done this with.", he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

I can't think of a place I would rather be at the moment.