~Chapter 12~

"You wan't us to do what?!", Taylor exclaimed to Troy and I. Gabriella sat beside Taylor with the same surprised expression on her face.

"Come on Kenna, this is crazy.", Gabriella said.

"I'm like 99% sure that this will work.", I assured.

"But what about that 1% that you don't know about? We can't just bomb the decathlon like this.", Taylor said.

"Please guys!", I pleaded one last time. They looked between each other before both sighing and nodding.

"Fine, we'll do it.", Gabriella said.

"Really! Thanks guys.", I said, hugging them both.

"Yeah thanks a lot.", Troy said.

"No problem, I guess. Besides, we both owe you one.", Taylor confessed.

"See you guys tomorrow then.", I said.

"Bye.", they both said together.

Troy and I then walked out of the school together and headed for the parking lot. "You want a ride?", I asked.

"Sure.", he said before jumping in the passenger side of the Jeep. I got in the drivers seat and drove out of the parking lot.

Before we got to the turn to go to Troy's house, I suddenly turned the other way. Troy looked at me confused and asked, "Where are you going?"

"You'll find out.", I kept going with full intention of going to the ice cream shop.

After a few minutes, I pulled into the ice cream shop's parking lot. I parked the car and got out.

"I was in the mood.", I said as Troy caught up with me. He laughed and held the door open for me. The little bell at the top of the door rang as it opened.

We walked up to the counter and waited on someone to assist us. "What can I get for yo...", the man started but then realized who I was.

"Hey Dad.", I said quietly.

"Um, what can I get you two?", he looked between Troy and I.

"Cookie Dough. Troy?", I asked.

"Cookies and Cream.", he said.

"I'll get that real quick.", Dad said. He started to walk away but I stopped him before he could.

"How long have you been working here?"

"A week.", he answered.

"How are you affording the apartment then?", I asked.

"I'm making it work.", he said.

I paused for a second before asking, "How much longer is your shift?"

"An hour."

"Come to the apartment when your done. I'm sick of all this.", I said.

"Okay, I will.", he said. He then walked off to get our ice cream. 

Dad came back with two bowls of ice cream and laid them down on the counter. "It's $3.68."

I started to pull my wallet out but before I could Troy had his out and a 5 dollar bill out for Dad. "You don't have to pay for it.", I told Troy.

"It's okay, I've got it.", he said. Dad looked at Troy with a pleased look.

"Keep him around Ken, he's a good one.", Dad said as he handed us the ice cream.

"I think I will.", I smiled.

We took our ice cream to a table outside and sat down. "Sorry about all that in there.", I said.

"You don't have to apologize for anything.", he replied.

"I just don't know what to do. I want him back in my life, but it's hard to forgive him.", I confessed.

"Just trust yourself. I know you can make the right decision."

"What if I don't trust myself?", I said in almost a whisper.

He leaned over and reached for my hand, rubbing the top of it. "No one ever does. You just have to believe.", he said.

I smiled and squeezed his hand, "I'll try."

"Good."

~

"We've got to talk about all of this, together.", I said as I looked at Mom and Dad across from me. We sat at the dining room table all together.

"This has to stop. It's tour our family apart. I know Dad hurt us both, but everyone makes mistakes. He's even stayed in Albuquerque for 3 weeks trying to get us back.", I said, mostly to Mom.

She nodded but didn't meet my eyes. "I'm so sorry for what I did.", Dad said, looking at Mom.

Mom didn't say anything for a while, just sat there looking into her lap. "Mom, I want our family back and I know you do to. So come on, let's give him a second chance.", I told her.

She looked up from her lap and turned to look at Dad. "Are you really sorry?", she asked.

"I've never been more sorry about anything.", he said. She smiled at him and said, "I believe you."

I smiled big and hugged them both. "I missed you.", I told Dad. "I missed you both so much."

My family was finally back together.