~Chapter 15~

I pulled into Troy's driveway and got out of the jeep. I walked up to the door and knocked.

A few seconds later the door opened and Mrs. Bolton was there. "Oh, hi McKenna.", she said.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bolton. Troy wanted me to stop by here before we went to work for the first time.", I gave her a big smile.

I saw Troy coming down the stairs before smiling and waving. "Hey, you ready?", he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"You two have fun.", Mrs. Bolton said before walking back inside the house.

"Come on!", I said as I pulled Troy out of the house and ran toward my car.

I started to get into the drivers side before Troy stopped me.

"I'm driving.", he said opening the drivers door for himself.

"Are you sure? I don't carry safety harnesses with me.", I told him, trying to keep a straight face, but failing. I started giggling as I looked as his annoyed face.

He eventually started to crack a smile before I jumped into the passenger side door and buckled myself in. He got in and started to pull out of the drive way.

"Brace for impact!", I screamed throughout the car.

He laughed and turned toward the highway, heading toward who knows where.

~

"Troy where are we going?", I asked as he turned into a long drive.

We passed a large sign reading 'Lava Springs' on it. "Troy, this place is like exclusive! How did you get us jobs here?"

"They called me. I told them about you and the rest of the gang.", he said.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek as he pulled into a parking spot.

"You're a lifeguard at the pool. Is that okay?", he asked, looking over at me.

I leaned back over and kissed his lips softly before pulling back to look at him. "It's perfect."

He smiled and we both got out and started for the front office. We walked inside and stopped at the front desk. 

An older looking man with white hair sat behind the desk. He looked up at us and asked, "What can I do for you two?"

"Um, I'm Troy Bolton and you called yesterday about some job openings."

"Oh yes, Mr. Bolton. And you must be...", he trailed off when he got to my name.

"McKenna Turner.", I finished for him.

"Yes, if you two will follow me, I'll show you around and get you started.", the man said.

We followed him around the resort. I later learned that his name was Mr. Fulton. He had gave me my red swimsuit and taken me to the pool, where people were already lounging in chairs and swimming in the pool.

Sharpay and her minions were laying in lounge chairs, along with Ryan in between them.

Nothing much was happening. Everyone was swimming and enjoying themselves. At least I had the job though.

Troy walked through the gait and looked around before seeing me up on the rock that was the lifeguard stand.

I smiled and waved at him. He did the same back.

I heard a scream and saw a huge splash in the pool. Sharpay fell in, and it looked as if she was struggling to get out.

I dove into the pool and swam over to her. She kept screaming even though I was holding her up.