~Chapter 7~

"Thanks for coming guys!", I told the whole team. They had all come to see me in the hospital before I'm released to go home. They all waved and made their way out the door.

"I wish Mom would hurry up with my food. I'm starving!", I said to Troy who was sitting beside me on the bed. We both leaned against the bed frame, his arm around me. 

"I'm sure you'll survive.", he chuckled. 

"You could be wrong."

"I doubt it."

"What if you are?! I could die!"

"I wouldn't let that happen. I'd miss you to much."

He kissed the side of my head, making me smile. Troy had been with me ever since I had woken up. After some testing we learned that I just had a small concussion and was knocked out when my head hit. I'll be back to playing soon though.

The door opened and Mom walked in. She looked like she had just seen a ghost. Her face was pale and eyes were wide.

"Mom, whats wrong?", I asked.

She shook her head for a second before choking out, "He's here."

As soon as she said it, the door reopened and Dad stood in the doorway. No, no, no! It can't be him!

"Hey pumpkin.", he said.

I let out a small gasp, unable to speak. Troy looked over at me but my eyes stayed glued on the man in the doorway.

"I've missed you so much.", he walked over to the side of the bed. He went to pick my hand up before I yanked it away.

"Don't touch me!"

Tears started rolling down my face, hot against my cheeks. Troy pulled my closer to him. 

Dad stood back up straight and looked down at me. "Why can't I touch you? I feel like I should be able to being your father and all. And who's this?"

I sat up straight to wear I was level with him. "This is Troy. I'm not going to try and hide him like you did."

"Come on Kenna, I'm sorry.", he said.

"You didn't sound very sorry after I caught you. If I remember correctly, your exact words to me were, 'If you tell anyone, I'll make sure the rest of your life is miserable'. Isn't that right?"

"You know I didn't mean that. You don't really believe I would do that, do you?"

"I don't know what to believe anymore with you. Don't act like I shouldn't either.", I pushed on.

I'm tired of being scared of him. I'm sick of not standing up for myself.

"You're not as innocent as you claim you are. You're not the only one who made a mistake. You didn't have to leave.", he said.

"And you didn't have to have an affair with another woman. There are so many things that we didn't have to do but did. That's just how life works."

"And I'm sorry!", he yelled in my face, "Come back home.", he said, almost in a pleading voice.

"You can't come in here and say you're sorry and then everything be okay. It doesn't work like that.", I paused for a second, "Please leave. I don't want you here."

"Fine", he started to walk out but stopped in the doorway. "I'm not giving up. I'm staying in Albuquerque until I'm forgiven.", his head dropped a little. "I need my family back."

He turned back around and walked out of room and down the hall. I looked to Mom, who had tears streaming down her face.

I looked at Troy, his face had worry written all over it. "You ran away?", he asked. Tears started to fall down my face again. I looked down at my trembling hands in my lap.