~Chapter 8~

"I've got an early shift this morning. Can you walk to school?", Mom popped her head into the bathroom and asked.

"Sure, I guess."

"You're amazing! Love you and have a good day.", she turned back around and I heard the door open and close.

"Great.", I muttered to myself.

I finished getting ready and made my way out the door.

I made my way down to the lobby and began to make my way through the doors before being stopped

"Miss! Would you happen to be McKenna Turner?", the woman at the front desk asked.

"Um, yes. Why, is there something wrong."

Going through everything that could possibly be the matter, I couldn't think of anything.

"No no. Nothing is wrong, but your car is waiting outside for you."

"I don't have a car?", I said, co fused at what she was talking about.

"Well, someone's here for you."

"Okay, thank you.", she nodded her head and continued at whatever she was doing before.

Who could possibly be here for me? And why is there a car outside waiting on me?

A white Jeep sat under the awning in front of the double doors. "McKenna Turner?", the bellhop beside it said.

"Yes, would you happen to know who sent this?", I asked, pointing to the vehicle beside me

"No clue, but it's got your name beside it on the list."

"Thanks anyway.", I said. The man nodded before walking back into the hotel.

I opened the drivers side door and hopped in. Taped to the steering wheel was a handwritten note. Handwriting that was unmistakable.