~Chapter 25~

Part 3

"Let's go!", Troy yelled from the other end of the court. There was only 17 seconds left of the first half of the championship game and we were losing by 19 points.

Troy dribbled the ball down the floor and passed it to me. I dribbled looking for someone open and quickly passed it to Chad. 

Chad threw it to Zeke, but was stolen by the opposing team. The knights made it down to their end of the court and made a layup. 

The buzzer went off and we were now down by 21 points. We're playing terrible, especially to be the previous champs.

The whole team made walked to the boys locker room. No one said anything. The only sound was from Troy slamming his locker shut.

He began wrapping tape around his slightly purple fingers. Coach came in soon after and looked between Troy, Chad and I leaning up against the lockers.

"Alright, no more x's and o's. Forget about the scoreboard, cause' here's the number that matters.", Coach paused for a second and looked at Troy, "16. There's 16 minutes left in this game guys."

"There's only 16 minutes left in this season. And for the seniors on this squad, you've only got 16 minutes left in a Wildcat uniform.", and I'm not ready for it. I'm not ready to give up this uniform.

I already know I'm going to play for the University of California, Berkeley, but it will never be the same as playing in high school. It will never top the people I'm playing with.

"So make these 16 minutes count. 16 minutes to be a team.", Coach said this then started to walk out of the locker room. "Seniors, he said while walking out.

Troy, Chad and I still stayed leaned against the lockers as everyone turned to look at us. "Alright, hey guys. Look you heard Coach, we're all going to remember these last 16 minutes until we leave East High. So it's now or never.", Troy said.

There was a silence before being broken by Chad, "What team?"

"Wildcats", the whole team said in unison after. We all ran back out onto the court, more hyped than ever.

[Team]
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen minutes left, better get it done
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen more minutes, get ready, game on!
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen minutes left, running out of time
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen more minutes till it's on the line
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen minutes left, gotta get it done
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen more minutes till we're number one!

We ran back out on the court and started warming up shooting layups. The crowd cheered and clapped like we were the ones winning.

[Coach:] Let's go team

We huddled up around Coach and all put our hands in the huddle, "1, 2, 3 team!", we called before walking back out on the court.

[Verse 1]
[Troy:] Got to get it together
Yeah, pull up and shoot

[Team:] SCORE!
[Troy:] Are you ready, are you with me?
[Team:] Team, team, team, team, team, yeah
[Troy:] Shake them with the crossover (Wildcats!)
Tell me what are we here for (To win!)
'Cause we know that we're the best team

[Coach:] Come on boys, come on boys, come on!

[Pre-Chorus]
[Troy:] The way we play tonight
Is what we leave behind (that's right)
It all comes down to right now, it's up to us (let's go)
[Troy & Team:] So what are we going to be (we're gonna be...)
T-E-A-M team!

[Troy:] Got to work it out, turn it on
[Team:] Come on!