~Chapter 17~

Troy opened the backdoor of the kitchen for me and we walked inside hand-in-hand. "Good morning.", we both told everyone as we walked over to clock in.

I pulled my card out and swiped it. Troy pulled his out and reached around me to swipe his as well. A piano started playing throughout the kitchen. We both looked at each other before walking into the music room together.

Kelsi sat at the piano, her fingers running across the keys. "Sounding good Kels!", as said as we approached the piano. Troy's arm hung across my shoulders.

"Actually, I need to go get ready for the ladies luncheon. Won't exactly be rocking out.", Kelsi laughed to herself.

"You know I'm so excited about the club's talent show. I mean, the employee's get to do a number, and I have ideas for everyone. You guy's can sing the lead, and maybe Zeke and Chad can do backup, and everyone can dance.", she rambled on.

Troy and I looked between each other before Troy spoke, "Big timeout on that one. My singing career began and ended with the East High Musical. I'm just going to cheque and sneek into the pool after work."

Kelsi looked down at the piano keys, disappointment spread across her face. "What was that you were playing a minute ago?", I asked.

"Oh, its nothing. Just nothing.", Kelsi straightened her sheet music as she spoke.

"What's this?", I pulled one off of her stand and turned it toward her.

"Well, I was thinking if you to did the show, that I wanted to be ready, and I wrote this for you guys.", she replied.

"Come on, go.", I told her and placed the music back on the stand.

[Intro: Kelsi]
Na na na na
Na na na na yeah
You are the music in me

[Verse 1:]
You know the words "once upon a time"
Make you listen? There's a reason

[Kelsi & McKenna]
When you dream there's a chance you'll find
A little laughter
Or happy ever after

[Verse 2: Troy, McKenna, Both]
Your harmony to the melody
It's echoing inside my head
A single voice (Single voice)
Above the noise
And like a common thread
Hmm, you're pulling me

[Chorus:]
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
Because you are the music in me

[Post-Chorus: All (Troy)]
Na na na na (Ohh)
Na na na na (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na na na na
You are the music in me

[Verse 3: Troy, McKenna, Both]
It's like I knew you before we met (Before we met)
And it was easy (So easy)
Because you see the real me (I see the real me)

[Verse 4:]
As I am you understand
And that's more than I've ever known
To hear your voice (Hear your voice)
Above the noise (Ohh ohh)
And now, I'm not alone
Oh you're singing to me (Ohh yeah)

[Chorus]
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
And it brought us here because
You are the music in me

[Bridge:]
Together we're gonna sing, yeah
We got the power to sing what we feel (what we feel)
Connected and real
Can't keep it all inside (Ohh)

[Ensemble]
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na na (Yeah yeah yeah)
You are the music in me (In me)
Na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)
Na na na na
You are the music in me

The song ended and everyone cheered. "I love that song Kels.", I said, running to her side.

"Great job Kels.", Troy walked over to the opposite side of me.

"I've got the talent show sign up sheet right here. Are you in?", Taylor held the clipboard out in front of Troy.

"Maybe we can work this out, but only if we're all in this together.", Troy pulled Chad over beside him and took the sign up sheet from Taylor.

"This is going to be fantastic. I'm going to coordinate rehearsal to coincide with all of our schedules.", Kelsi rambled on.

I smiled over at Troy after he finished signing his name. He smiled back, knowing he made the right decision and was happy about it.