~Chapter 11~

I stood at my locker getting my books out when Chad, Gabriella, and Taylor came up to me. "Kenna, don't be mad at Troy. It's not his fault he said what he did. We set it up.", Chad said.

I closed my locker and leaned up against it. "It's fine guys, I already forgave him."

"No it's not fine. We shouldn't have done it. We're sorry Kenna.", Taylor said.

"Can you forgive us?", Gabriella asked.

I pretended to think about it before saying, "Yeah, I forgive you."

"Thank goodness, I don't think I could take that stress!", Gabriella said.

Everyone laughed before heading to class. "Hey, what was that about?", Troy asked, falling in step beside me.

"They apologized."

"That's good. Practice during free period?", he asked.

"Yep, see you then."

"See you.", he said. I walked into science and took a seat beside Kelsi. "Hey Kels, guess what."

"What's up?", she asked.

"The sky.", she rolled her eyes at me while I laughed. "Okay really, what is it?"

"Troy and I are going to sing."

"Really?!", she squealed.

"Yes.", I giggled.

"I knew you two would do it."

"We're practicing today during free period.", I said.

"I'll be there.", she said.

~

The bell rang signaling the start of free period. I walked out and went to my locker to put my books away.

The hall way was empty and I realized that free period had already started and Troy way probably waiting on me.

I closed my locker and ran down the hall. I found Troy leaned up against his locker. Without stopping, I grabbed his arm and continued running toward the music room. "Woah!", he said while I laughed at him.

"You're late.", he then said.

~

McKenna: Italicized
Troy: BOLD
Both: BOLD and Italicized

"But your faith, it gives me strength"
"Strength to believe"

We started off singing slowly together then began to speed up;

"We're soarin', flyin'"
"There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach"
"If we're tryin', yeah we're breaking free"
"Oh, we're breaking free, ooh"

"Can you feel it building, like a wave the ocean just can't control."
"Connected by a feelin', ooh in our very souls"
"Rising till' it lifts us up, so everyone can see"

"We're breakin' free"
"We're soarin', flyin'"
"There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach"
"If we're tryin', yeah we're breakin' free"
"Oh, we're breakin' free, ooh"

The bell rang, ending free period. "That sounded awesome guys!", Kelsi said as we all began to gather our things.

"Thanks Kels.", I said.

We all walked out of the music room. Troy and I walked down the hall toward Science together. "So how are we going to go to the game and the show?", Troy asked.

As we walked, I noticed a flyer on the wall;

~Scholastic Decathlon~
~November 2nd~

Same night as the game. "I may not know how yet, but I know people who can help."

He grinned down at me and said, "You're just that good aren't you?"

"Well of course.", I replied.

He laughed as we took our seats in science class. Gabriella and Taylor could help since they'll be at the decathlon.

I hope this works.

Just realized that only a few paragraphs of chapter 5 got published so I'm really sad because that was my favorite chapter yet. Sorry about about that if anyone noticed.