~Chapter 23~

It's been three days since Troy and I's break up. A really long three days.

I can't tell you how many times Ryan has called trying to get me to come back. Every time I've told him no.

RING RING

My phone started ringing from the pocket of my shorts. Ever since the break up, I've spent every waking minute outside playing basketball. I guess you can say it's my way of losing myself.

I pulled my phone out and looked at the name across the screen. "If this is another one of you begging phone calls, I don't want to hear it.", I said to Ryan through the phone.

"You're not totally wrong, but you still need to listen.", he said, sounding very excited.

"There's nothing you could say to change my mind."

"Maybe not but at least hear me out."

I sighed and said, "You've got five minutes."

Quickly, he spilled out, "okay, that's all I need."

Maybe I should go back to the country club, but I just don't think I can go back and face Troy right now. It just hurts too much.

"I know you're really upset about Troy, but he's changed. I promise!"

"I doubt it.", I mumbled out.

"Seriously, he told Sharpay he wasn't performing without the staff.", Ryan said. 

I didn't say anything for a second because I didn't believe it. Troy didn't care anything about the staff, our friends, not getting to perform. Why would he now?

"Come on Kenna, give it a second chance.", he said softly.

"Even if I wanted to, the shows tonight and we don't have a song.", I reminded him.

"In that case-", he paused for a few seconds before continuing, "-I just sent you the song. Learn it and be here at 6:00 tonight. Oh, and don't forget to wear white and blue!", he said.

Ryan quickly hung up before I could argue with him. I pulled Ryan and I's texts and looked at the song he sent me. 'Everyday'.

I scanned over the lyrics and closed my phone. It's a really great song. 

I wonder if I have anything white and blue?

***

"This is the only blue and white I own, so it better work

"This is the only blue and white I own, so it better work.", I said to Ryan and Taylor. We were hiding behind all the staff, waiting for Troy to walk out on the stage.

"Remember, he still thinks he's singing with Sharpay, so just walk out and own it like you do!", Ryan said.

I laughed before looking back up at the stage. Troy soon walked out in a white tux with a blue button up underneath. Man, have I really missed him.

He leaned up against the piano that Kelsi was sitting at and waited for the crowd to stop clapping. Kelsi then began to play and Troy started singing the song.

[Troy, McKenna, Both]
Once in a lifetime
Means there's no second chance
So I believe that you and me should grab it while we can

I started singing from behind the crowd of people and watched as Troy looked around trying to find where the voice was coming from. He knew it was me he just couldn't see me.

Make it last forever
And never give it back
It's our turn, and I'm lovin' where we're at
Because this moments really all we have

A spotlight shone in the crowd and I started making my way toward the stage with the microphone in my hand.

Everyday of our lives
Wanna find you there, wanna hold on tight
Gonna run, while we're young
And keep the faith

Everyday, from right now
Gonna use our voices and scream out loud

Take my hand
Together we will celebrate (celebrate)
Oh, ev'ryday

Troy wrapped me in a tight hug and didn't let go until it was time to sing again. I missed him hugs, his embrace. I missed everything about him.

They say that you should follow
And chase down what you dream
But if you get lost and lose yourself
Oh, no matter where we're going
Ooh yeah, it starts from where we are
There's more to life when we listen to our hearts
And because of you, I've got the strength to start
Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Troy and I danced around the stage, barely letting go of each others hands. He clearly missed me and much as I missed him.

Everyday of our lives
Wanna find you there, wanna hold on tight
Gonna run while we're young
And keep the faith
Oh, everyday from right now
Gonna use our voices and scream out loud

Take my hand;

Together we
Will celebrate

Oh, ev'ryday
We're taking it back
We're doing it here together!
It's better like that
And stronger now than ever!

We're not gonna lose
Cause we get to chose
That's how it's gonna be!

Everyday of our lives
Wanna find you there, wanna hold on tight
Gonna run while we're young
And keep the faith
Keep the faith!

[WITH ENSEMBLE]
Everyday of our lives
Wanna find you there, wanna hold on tight<
Gonna run while we're young
And keep the faith

Unexpectedly, all of the staff joined in with Troy and I on the stage.

Everyday from right now
Gonna use our voices and scream out loud
Take my hand;
Together we will celebrate

Ev'ryday!
Ev'ryday! (Live ev'ry day!
Ev'ryday! (Love ev'ryday!)
Ev'ryday! (Live ev'ryday!)
Ev'ryday! (Love ev'ryday!)
Ev'ryday! (Ev'ryday!)
(Ev'ryday!)
(Ev'ryday!)
(Ev'ryday!)
(Ev'ryday!)

Ev'ryday!

We finished the song all hand-in-hand. Everyone bowed and the crowed cheered and clapped. We all made our way down the stage and back to where we were standing before.

Once we made it back, I wrapped my arms around Troy's neck and pulled him to me. "I missed you.", I whispered in his ear.

"That's a good thing, 'cause I missed you too."