Chapter 16

Dan's P.O.V

Jason's story was very sad. I see why he needed the cuddles. I feel sorry for ever saying that I hated him. He has such a hard life. I look over to daddy, but he doesn't seem convinced by Jason's story. Daddy is hiding how much he distrusts Jason behind a mask of sympathy. I can read daddy like a book. Jason is just looking at the floor all sad. It makes me want to hug him. I get up to hug him but daddy grabs my wrist before I can. I fall back into his lap. He wraps his arms protectively around my waist and gives Jason a nasty glare. I don't know why he is being so hostile. I stand up and take daddy's hand and tell Jason that we'll be right back.

Phil's P.O.V

I did not believe his sob story for one goddamn second. How stupid does he think I am? It was so obvious that he made it up on the spot. Of course, my sweet, precious, impressionable Dan believed it. He believes any sob story, that's why it is so hard to watch any movie where the main character dies. He is just in touch with his emotions. Jason is such a bad actor. I see out of the corner of my eye Dan is getting up and walking towards Jason. I grab his wrist and pull him onto my lap before he could reach Jason. Dan looks upset that I did this, but I can't let my baby touch this filthy liar. Before I know it Dan is pulling me up and excusing us.

"What is it, baby?"

"Daddy, why are you so angry?"

"I'm not angry per say, I just don't trust this person"

"Why don't you trust him? He just told us his entire life story, and it was really sad."

"Dan, baby, he can tell sad stories get to you. You played right into his little game when you gave him the reaction he wanted."

"But Phil he doesn't even know me. I didn't tell him anything, he knows nothing about me or us. Also, sad stories do not get to me."

"Dan do you not remember Marley and Me or The Notebook? They are both fake, but you didn't want to get out of bed for a week because the puppy died. You didn't get out of bed for another two weeks because Allie didn't remember who Noah was."

"It was heartbreaking, you are cold-blooded if you didn't cry when a dog dies. She had Alzheimer's which is a very real disease which could strike anyone, they were perfect for each other. But that doesn't answer my question of why you don't trust Jason"

"I did answer your question, you just didn't like the answer."

Jason's P.O.V

It was so easy convincing the stupid one. He'd believe any sob story I fed him, even if there were massive inconsistencies. It's the dark one that I have to convince. My real target didn't seem to believe me. At least it'll be a little bit easier eliminating the other one if he trusts me.

A/N

Hey hey everybody! This is the first chapter with a mention. Thanks to Cubleafy for this new take. I finished the chapter just like I said I would. I started making a playlist for the story. Leave any suggestions in the comments. I'll listen to every single one. I'm listening to Allie X at the recommendation of angxlicblxes . I really love the idea of a playlist to supplement the story. I also need cover art for the playlist. So if you have any submissions send them in. Anyway here are the questions:

Why doesn't Phil trust Jason?

What is Jason's mission/ why is Phil his target?

-Author Lady xoxox