Chapter 18

Dan's P.O.V

It had been a few months since Jason showed up. Somehow I convinced daddy to let him stay despite his obvious hatred for Jason. I still don't know why daddy hates him so much. Whenever daddy has to go to work doesn't leave me alone with Jason. He always has this lady named Cat come over and hang out with us. She is really nice. Jason is nice too. I like them both. Daddy just needs to trust people. He doesn't trust people very easily. He always thinks people have ulterior motives. He always tells me that I can't trust anyone. I always respond by asking even him. He just shakes his head and says that daddy is the only person I will ever be able to trust. He is a CEO of a big, big business so I guess it probably comes from work. I dunno, I think he needs to lighten up. He's been so serious since Jason got here. Jason is just a good guy put into a bad situation. I think that there are no bad people in this world, just bad situations that forced them to act this way. I really like Jason and Cat. They are fun and nice. At least they pay attention to me.

Phil's P.O.V

I couldn't put off work anymore. I took off a week initially, but Jason is somehow STILL in MY house. Or as Dan says "our house". Sure I agree with him to an extent. We share the house, but ultimately I'm the one paying for it. I own it. I can't seem to get this guy out of the house. He just won't slip up. He can't be this good. It is literally not possible for someone to be on guard this entire time. I have to get him to break sometime. In order for me to feel okay with going back to work, I just had to get my secretary, Cat, to stay with Dan and Jason. She passed the extensive background check to even get hired so I'm less wary about her being around Dan. However, I still have to check in with him at my breaks. He always sounds so happy on the phone so I guess Jason isn't going to make a move while Cat is there.

Jason's P.O.V

My target finally decided to return to work. He only made my job easier.

Cat's P.O.V

All my hard work is starting to pay off.

A/N

Hey, hey, hey everyone! Sorry, I don't update as frequently as I hoped. I really am trying my hardest. I have a job and school and balancing everything is going to take a hot minute. I really hope you enjoy this new chapter that I promised would be up by Wednesday. Y'all I actually stuck to a deadline. So like be proud of me and do me a solid in celebration. I have like three-ish things. I'm trying to make a playlist for this story and I need songs. Even if you don't know specific songs how about an artist? Next is combined. Answer my questions at the end of each chapter. I only ask them for your input, and also to interact. I love talking with you guys and seeing where your minds are. Okay anyway here are your questions and a space for song/artist suggestions.

Song Suggestions

Artist Suggestions

Who is Cat?

Why is Jason's job easier now that Phil is back at work?

-Author Lady xoxoxo