Chapter 15

Natasha

Bruce and Director Fury had kept their word and informed me as soon as Clint had woken up. I had practically leapt from my bed and ran through the corridors, making my way at some speed to the medical room where Clint had spent the last few days when Tony had given me the news. I decided to spend the rest of my day with him to give him some company while his wound was still healing. Everyone in the team had made time to come and visit Clint here, Tony making a few appearances, bringing us food. Clint's skin was still pale in colour but as the hours skipped effortlessly by the colour slowly began to creep back into his skin, making him appear a lot healthier. He was still lying in his bed, his muscular chest bare, rising and falling with each breath he took. In moments of silence I couldn't keep my hands to myself, tracing my fingertips gently along the contours of his perfectly toned chest, his skin soft against mine. Bruce had warned him not to try to move again for a while with the fear of rupturing the wound again; Clint had given into the doctor’s orders without much fight. A loud clatter coming from the doorway behind me had us turning round to gaze upon Tony who hand his hands raise high above his head as he stared in disappointment at the two plates of something that looked a lot like spaghetti Bolognese that slipped from his hands and plastered itself on the floor. There was tomato sauce everywhere, the red sauce oozing out across the floor, splatters of the sauce decorating Tony's t-shirt too. With a raised eyebrow, Clint spoke, his voice still horse but amusement was clear in his tone.

“Looks good, Tony. You should maybe look into becoming an interior designer.” Tony glared at him, narrowing his eyes.

“I was bringing you dinner, but, well, you can see for yourself,” he whined. Chuckling and grabbing a handful of towels, I helped Tony mop up. We were down on our hands and knees when tony whispered to me, his voice only audible to me. “I spoke to Thor,” he informed me.

“And? What did he say?” I asked, my words coming out rushed.

“He'll talk to Fury, if you aren't prepared, but he'd rather you said something to him. He thinks you could explain what you saw better than he could. But he thinks you're right in what you are saying. He thinks Loki projected himself into your dreams deliberately but that would mean that he would have had to been on the ship,” his gaze trailed off to Clint. “Do you know how that happened to Clint?” I closed my eyes tight, shaking my head gently from side to side. It was clear what Tony was implying. I decided that I would ask Clint what had happened the second I got him alone again. A conversation with Fury was also in order.

“I'll talk to Fury,” I told Tony.

“Talk to me about what, Agent Romanoff?” Director asked, standing behind Tony, towering over us making us feel uncomfortable. Neither of us had ever noticed his appearance.

“Director,” getting to my feet I answered his question quickly. “Information about Loki that may be of some use. It might give us a rough idea of his plans.”

“I could tell you his plans,” Clint spoke from the other side of the room, his voice quiet.

“Agent Barton?”

“Loki done this,” Clint coughed gesturing to the wound in his stomach. “He was on the ship, in my room.” I swallowed, allowing my mind to take in what he was saying. If Loki was on the ship that means what Thor was saying about him projecting himself into my sleeping mind could actually be true. I stood momentarily paralysed, staring at Clint, eyes wide and my heart rate fluttering wildly out of control. Tony muttered under his breathe beside me, “Son of a bitch,” while Fury's breathing got heavier as rage built up quickly.

“Loki did this to you?” Fury questioned him with an annoyed tone.

“Yes, sir.”

“And he was alone?

“Yes, sir.”

“But how did he get on the ship?” Tony asked in bewilderment.

“It wouldn't be that hard for him. He is a master of illusions, only choosing to be seen when he wishes to be,” I pointed out, my body still thing frozen in shock.

“Loki wishes to rule earth, Asgard and the nine realms.”

“He means to bring down the All-father,” I said, everyone's heads snapping around to stare at me. Everything I was afraid of happening was quickly coming to light.

“How did you know that, Nat?” Clint's voice a worried tone.

“Agent Romanoff?” Fury pressed. I allowed a heavy sigh to breach my lips.

“This is what I wished to talk to you about sir. Loki was in my dream the other night. I know it sounds childish, Director, but you need to listen to me. Loki intends to destroy the earth, killing us all.”

“But he is making an exception of one person,” Clint cut in, his eyes glazing over and his expression showed to other emotion the fear. I was horrified at the words that were about to come. I knew what Clint was about to say. My stomach twisted, my heart raced but I just stood there my eyes closing as I awaited the next few words that were about to leave Clint's lips, hoping that I was wrong.

“Sir, we need to go something, He's coming for Natasha.”