Chapter 28

Clint

I could feel that Natasha was almost as uncomfortable with this as I was. I knew that I my presence was requested on the detention level due to the green God that was currently residing within the walls of there. I made haste, taking the steps down two at a time, my boots battering heavily off of the metal stairs under impact. It was only a few minutes later that I was standing in front of Director Fury who was looking more pissed off than usual, may I add. Loki must have been pressing the directors buttons and we all knew that the Director didn't appreciate that at all, just ask Tony. Fury huffed as he turned his back to me and started hammering a combination into a key pad by the door.

“Talk to him, Barton. He is refusing to talk to anyone, but keeps requesting to talk to you. Why? God only knows but if sending you in there will make him talk then so be it. You should be safe.” Oh, how reassuring, I thought coldly at Fury's 'comforting' statement. “We will all be watching up in the boardroom, just don't do anything stupid like set him free. That being a federal offence and all. Best of luck.” He nodded as the door slid open and he stepped to the side to let my by before dead locking the door again behind me. Right. Let's try not to get yourself stabbed this time, eh Clint?

I cautiously took a few more steps into the room; my eye's locking on the smirking God on the far side of the room. Loki was confined to yet another glass container only this time the glass was twice as thick and lined with electrical strips that would taser the God into a blubbering mess on the floor dare he only reach forward and touch it. He was poised in the centre of his impressive trap, standing tall in a poor attempt of intimidation.

“Ask and you shall receive,” Loki mused and to that I rolled my eyes, taking a seat on the plastic chair sitting a comfortable distance away from Loki's cage and hoisting my feet up to rest against the railing, ever so casually.

“What do you want, Loki?” I moaned in a monotone voice, showing little interest to what the great God had to say. That was sure to rile him up.

“Natasha,” he retorted sharply. “And I always get what I want, Agent Barton.”

“Oh, yeah, that's how you're supreme ruler of Earth,” I shot back. That one definitely got under his pastey pale skin.

“Dare you forget who you speak with, you pathetic mortal?” He hissed. “I have broken your body once; I will not put a second thought into doing it again.”

“Right.”

“If you knew what was in the best interests of yourself then you would give up this disgusting infatuation with Agent Romanoff.” Loki hissed. “To put it in words of your beloved, “Love is for children.”” His laughed rang out through the cell. Ouch. I've got to say that one might have hurt but I didn't show it. “The outcome of this situation is inevitable. In the end, I will break each and every one of you until the point where you are begging for death at my hand. You all will suffer, but you, Agent Barton, you will feel the full extent of my wrath because you are the only thing standing between me and Natasha. I mean to have her by my side and by the nine I will have her. It is simply a matter of things falling together. This is merely the calm before the storm. A story that your kind is not likely to forget.”

“And you plan to do all this from the inside of a cell?” I interjected but I earned a sharp smirk in return.

“This cage is nothing more than a pebble on my path. I wouldn't have been caught if I didn't not wish to be.”

“You keep telling yourself that.”

“Witty remarks will not postpone the inevitable, Agent.” There was a hiss from the door behind me; I suspected that it was opening. I turned on my feet just in time to see Agent Black, fully suited up in a black cat suit, which was fairly similar to Natasha's. She raised a sleek black-hand gun and with two sharp snaps of her fingers there was a burning in both of my shoulders.

“Perfect,” she said with a satisfied sigh as she stalked towards me. Grabbing my jaw tightly with her free hand she crushed her lips down fiercely against mine for a few seconds before shoving me back with some force. I shamelessly toppled to the floor like a house of cards. Agent Black towered over my body, pouting with mocking sadness as she crushed the slim heel of her stilettos into the bullet wound on my left shoulder receiving an agonising cry from my lips.

“Such a shame that you were so attached to Agent Romanoff, you seem like such a nice guy.” There was a sickening squelching noise as her heel pulled out from the wound. The last thing I caught sight of was Agent Black walking swiftly over to Loki's trap and tapping violently into the keypad by the door. We are in serious trouble.