Chapter 27

Natasha

My god that felt good! I don't even know what came over me. When I walked in to the training room and caught sight of Aria glaring at Clint as be bent over clutching his stomach, not even trying to contain his cries of laughter, I suspected that something had just happened. Aria wasn't a funny person, bitter, twisted and manipulative, yes, but certainly not funny. Then when Clint had told me that she had tried to kiss him, all I saw was red and I just couldn't stop my first from flying at her face and wiping that stupid smirk from her lips. There was going to be a nice bruise on her face, a bruise that I would be proud of and I wouldn't hold back in telling everyone- even Fury- just how she got it. I had left her on the cold metal plated floor of the training room, clutching her face and her icy eyes on the brink of tears. No sympathy for her. She got what she deserved. She only tried to seduce Clint because she knew it would get right up under my skin, and she was right with her analogy, I would give her that, she had succeeded. But it wasn't just her who could play dirty, as she had learned very quickly. Clint and I walked in silence down the corridors until muffled silence broke through the quiet. Clint erupted into roars of laughter, to the point her had actually fell on the floor. I allowed a smirk to grace my lips as I thought of what had just happened and Clint's reaction to it all.

“You just... Oh, God her face! It was absolutely priceless!” Clint cried once majority of his hysterical cries had subsided.

“She deserved it,” I retorted, shrugging casually as if punching Aria was the most natural thing in the world. Clint had shifted his body around so he was now leaning upright with his back leaning against the inner walls of the ship. I took a seat beside him in the middles of the corridor, not really caring that we were in people's way.

“Damn right she did!” Clint laughed again. A silence rose between once more but, again, Clint broke it. “Seriously though, Nat. What is your problem with each other?” I sighed at the question. This question was inevitable; I knew that, so it came as no surprise to me when he asked. Although, that didn't mean that I wanted to answer the question.

“Aria... Aria used to work for her father. He's the only reason she has the skills that she possess now. Matthew Black, CEO of Black enterprises. A massive corporation known to the public for business dealings. You know, buying over companies, firing the workers and replacing them all with their own, destroying lives of the people below while the fat cat members of the board idly fret over fine china and keeping their off-shore affairs from their wives. That kind of company.” I spat. I disapproved over everything that Black Enterprises stood for, but that wasn't even the worst part. “Black Enterprises was also known for it's under the table designing, building and selling of weapons of mass destruction. They would test these weapons on small, unprotected towns, located in vast deserts and far off places that no one would even notice if they were blown sky high. NO help from their governments, or armies should they so need it. Civilians.” Clint sat quietly, soaking in everything that I was saying. “I was a rogue assassin at the time, only a few years before I met you, actually. I had to take out the CEO of Black Enterprises that was my contract. They wanted Matthew's head and they wanted it on a spike and once I found out what Black was doing I had no problem doing it.” Clint stared forward, wide eyed.

“You were the one who took down Matthew Black?” He asked in disbelief. I simply nodded then continued.

“Well, when Aria Found out that her beloved daddy was dead, she lost it. She knew fine well what her father was doing to all those towns out in the Middle East. She knew and she had no problem with it. She was neck deep in her father's work and she didn't even bat and eyelid to all those civilians who her father tested his weapons on. Aria set out to find me and intended to kill me on first meeting. Search and destroy, if you will. But Aria, she's sloppy, doesn't hide tracks, she can't slip under a radar unnoticed. So, when she finally did catch up with me, I was ready. I didn't kill her, although I am beginning to have second thoughts on whether or not I should have now. I left her with a bust up nose and strung up by her feet in the lobby of Black Enterprises.” I smiled triumphantly at the recollection of the memories.

“Who would have known? Aria, neck deep in her father’s filth. What is she doing here though?” I shrugged at Clint's question.

“Your guess really would be as good as mine. She hasn't got any interest in the team, there's something else, something, but I don't know what but I'll find out. I'll say to Fury to watch her.”

“I don't think you need to warn Fury. I'm pretty sure he already has his suspicions with Agent Black. Her attitude... It's like you said, sloppy. She has no control.” Clint mused.

“You're right about that, Clint. But I should tell Fury, nonetheless. That really something that he should know.” Clint nodded. There was some feedback over the intercom before our ear pieces burst into life. Fury.

“Agent Barton, to the detention level. Agent Romanoff, Thor and Captain Rogers to the boardroom, you're going to want to see this.” Fury ordered gruffly. He sounded tired, bored even. I gave a questioning look to Clint who returned the look.

“Why would Fury want you down on the detention level? Loki is there...” My voice trailed off.

“I guess we will just have to find out,” Clint jested, sucking in a sharp intake of air through his nose. I looked at him grimly. I pressed my lips to his briefly before pulling back to look at him, a dazed look clouding his face. Cute.

“Be careful Clint. No more stab wounds, okay?” I teased but the statement was serious.

“I promise,” he swore, pulling me to my feet with him. He captured my lips once more before breaking away from me and we both headed in separate directions. My heart rate increased with each step he took. One step further from me and another step closer to Loki.