Chapter 30

Natasha

As my mind drifted in an unconscious state, a single phrase kept repeating itself over and over in a sharp and vicious tone.

“And by the nine I will have her.” The voice repeated, the hushed voice echoing throughout my unconscious state. My mind felt very much awake and it felt capable to get up and move around but it was as if my body was still asleep and unwilling to co-operate. My limbs felt numb. A large hand gripped my shoulder and shook my body.

“Natasha Romanoff, you may awake now.” The Godly voice boomed and as if on cue, my body decided to respond. My eyes snapped open and I pulled myself up, my knees to my chest instinctively as I quickly placed my bearings. I was in my room, with the familiar feeling of my Egyptian bed sheets pulled loosely over my body. Beside me the mattress had dipped greatly and sitting there was none other than the God of Thunder staring down at me with compassion in his sky blue eyes. “My lady, you are awake.” Thor stated. My head was reeling. What the hell did Fury give me?

“How long was I out?” I questioned with bleary eyes.

“Almost three days.” Eyes wide at his response, I tried to get out of my bed, my legs shaking and I wobbled clumsily. Thor reached out and grabbed me before I made impact on the floor.

“I know of where you wish to go and who you wish to see. Clint Barton is in a bad way, his body only just keeping itself alive. He has not woken in the days past since his injury. I fear he has slipped into the Odin sleep. He is in the hands of Doctor Banner of whom I have faith. I do not wish to see you burden yourself, Natasha, like you once did. I do not wish to wander in upon you crying at his bedside once more. Try to spare yourself the heartache just for a moment. The Man of Iron is out of the healing room, and is no longer under the watchful eye of the good Doctor. Journey and see him. Do that before you slip once more into solitary confinement by the bedside of Clint.” Thor's words were thick with concern, oozing with compassion and love. I nodded. I knew I should go and see Tony for once I ventured to Clint's room, I knew myself that I would not leave until he had awoken and was able to leave.

“And of Agent Black?”

“She also resides in the healing rooms. She too is in a bad way but she is awake and her body healing. She suffered bullet wounds. I believe that she will face justice once her body repairs itself and the justice bought upon her will be of the highest form.” So Aria was still alive. Maybe I should pay her a visit, I mused to myself. “Director Fury does not wish for you to see her. He does not wish for you to have any contact with her, for the most obvious of reasons, I am certain you understand.” Damn.

“Yeah, of course,” I moped. “Where is Tony?”

“In his living quarters, I do believe. Do you wish for me to escort you?” Thor offered. I shook my head to his question.

“No, Thor but thank you. You have done enough for me,” I said with in a gratifying tone.

“As you wish.” Thor nodded. He's such a gentleman, the old type of guy. I wonder if he had visited his love Jane during his time on Earth. I knew she would be happy to see him once more. He thought about him often, staring out over the ocean with sad eyes. It was good that she wasn't involved with all of this madness. If Loki knew of her whereabouts, he would crush her knowing the effect that it would have on Thor. There was a vicious brotherly rivalry between the two demi-gods. They really did take the rivalry to the next level. The thought of Loki made my blood boil. As I watched Clint on the screen, as his lifeless body fell limply to the floor, it was as if part of me was dying inside. It was easily one of the most painful events I have witnessed, and I have had my fair share of those. It was almost as if Loki had reached into my chest and ripped out my heart, and started twisting and tearing at it. No, no. That would have hurt less than witnessing Clint crumple to the floor. I knew Agent Black would face justice but Loki, he was mine. I was going to make that bastard pay. He was going to suffer and I was going to be the one to inflict it upon the God. I would drive a knife through body of the heartless green God, and personally make sure that the blade came out of the other side his body. The craving for revenge never had never been so overpowering before. I wasn't going to stop at anything; this just got real.