Chapter 23

Natasha

Aria Black. Aria freaking Black was our new team member?! Oh, this was going to be interesting. I mean, she could fight, don't get me wrong but Aria was nothing but a daddy's girl and because of the, it was the only reason she was even on S.H.I.E.L.D's radar in the first place. They would have never found her if it wasn't for her father. But here she is; working with one of the most elite teams in the world. The one thing Aria is actually good at was turning any atmosphere hostile and making everyone want to rip out her oesophagus. After our little 'reuniting' out on the landing pad, Clint lead me inside and put some much needed space between me and Aria. I knew once we were out of earshot of Aria and Director Fury, he would most likely ask what that little display of affection was all about but because it was Clint, I had no problem telling him. We walked silently down the corridors; the only sound was the gentle padding our boots made against the floor and the gently rasping of Clint's breath. That wound really had gotten the better of his body and that is what really got me worrying. That little knife wound was nothing in comparison to what Loki was actually capable of. Quick and painless wasn't really Loki's way of doing things. He enjoyed dragging things out. Loki went more for pulling out every single vital organ your body possessed, starting with the least important and gradually making his way up to the more important until he reached your heart all the while you are still conscious, still breathing and very much alive. That was Loki's way. A strategically place knife wound was too easy. It seemed to me that maybe Loki was anticipating this.

After a long walk and an awkward silence, we arrived at Clint's bedroom. He opened the door, pulling me inside the room with him before he pushed the door closed behind us with one neat flick of his wrist. He done it so quickly he caught me off guard and I fell against his chest, my hand smacking forcefully against his chest with the impact although Clint didn't seem to mind at all. He wrapped his sublimely sculpted arms around my waist and pulled my body flush against his. Our bodies moulded together perfectly like two final pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. The next second and Clint's lips were pressed firmly against mines, capturing my lips in a passionate kiss and causing my breath to catch in my throat. His tongue ran across my bottom lips leaving a warm trail where it had been and he drew from my lips a small whimper as he pulled back.

“I have missed you, Nat.” Clint confessed in a breathy whisper.

“I missed you too,” I divulged, looking straight into his eyes but only holding his gaze for a few seconds before dropping it, staring blindly at his well tone chest. Gosh, what was coming over me?

Clint

Natasha dropped her gaze, staring down at my chest. I waited for second knowing she wasn't finished speaking yet. Raising her head, her eyes glazed over and tears forming in her eyes. I pulled her head against my chest and hugged her, my arms draped around her back. Her small hands balled up, grabbing a handful of my suit and letting out quiet sobs.

“I thought... I had... Clint, he's going to kill you. Not just you, the whole team. He said that if I came easily, he wouldn't drag it out but if I didn't then he was going to make you all suffer. I thought you wouldn't find me and that I would be lost with that... That monster.” She choked out, pausing to try and steady her breath. “And now... Now we have Aria to deal with. If I have to break her nose again then I will.” I couldn't hold back my laughter.

“You broke her nose?” Natasha nodded against my chest. “Nice. I don't understand though; what is it with you two? How do you know her?” I vocalised my confusion but Natasha just shook her head while her lifted her head off of my chest.

“Not now, we can talk about her later.” I raised my eyebrow which received a light chuckle from Natasha. She flashed me a flirtatious smile. She closed the small gap between our lips once more. Her hands ran through my hair and she pulled my have in closer to hers and deepened the kiss. I trailed my fingertips lightly up her spine causing her to shiver against my touch. Pulling away from her lips, I planted soft kisses along her cheek bones, down her jaw and neck until I reached the hollow of her neck. I half way through kissed along the length of her collar bone when Fury's voice rang out through intercom.

“Team, I want you all in the boardroom. Front of the ship, pronto.” Natasha let out a disappointed moan but didn't loosen her grip on my hair. Across Natasha's lips resided a mischievous smile. She looked at me playfully then leaned in close to the side of my face; her lips gently grazing over my cheek, her warm breath tickled my ear as she spoke.

“Fury can wait.” That was all I needed. I ran my hands up the back of her thighs then lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and pressed gentle lips against my neck as I carried her over to my bed.