Chapter 18

Natasha

A warm breath on my neck woke me up. I smiled inwardly knowing it was just Clint. The room was cold and there was no light in the room, no light that is except for a blue glowing orb that seemed to be floating in the darkness about a foot in front of me, just above Clint. Blinking quickly a few times to allow my eyes to focus in the dark, I could just make out a silhouette standing in the darkness, towering over me. Before I had the chance to wake Clint, a large and icy cold hand covered my mouth. The silhouette leaned in close to my face and whispered in my ear, the voice making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end and set an uncomfortable shiver coursing through my body.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” The blue orb let out a noise, a noise that sounded as if was charging up. I shook my head the best I could as it was still in the tight grasp of the shadow. The grip loosened and pulled away from my face. “Are you going to stay quiet?” The oddly familiar voice asked. I nodded. “Then get up,” the voice ordered. Getting to my feet, I strategically placed my hand on Clint's bedside table, lifting something up that the shadow didn't noticed. Once standing, the shadow took my hand and spinning me and reeling in my body close. They held me tight, as a thick green mist enveloped us and then we were gone. I closed my eyes tightly, not willing to look where the figure was taking me. I held the bracelet that I had lifted from Clint's bedside table in my hand tightly, the corners of the metal links digging into my now sweating palms. We were no longer in Clint's room; in fact, we weren't even on the aircraft carrier any more.

My capturer loosened their grip on me, and only once I felt certain that my feet were firmly on the ground, did I feel brave enough to open my eyes. Peeking out cautiously from beneath my eyelids, I took in my surroundings. I was in a very unfamiliar room, with heavy gold painted walls and a large bed taking up the far side of the room, deep green sheets covering the bed. I was in someone's bed room. What the...? I twisted from the grip of the stranger, turning around and walking back to put some much needed distance between me and my capturer, this stranger. I was about to start firing questions at the man when I realised who it was. Standing there before me with an amused smirk on his face was none other than, Loki Laufeyson. My heart rate went through the roof and I was sure from the low key laugh that escaped Loki's lips that he could hear my irregular heart beat from where he stood, clear as day.

“What the hell do you want?” I hissed, my eyes narrowing at the green God. He simply laughed again and raised his arms, as if trying to reach out to me. I stood another cautious step back, one step further away from the monster that stood before me, the monster that killed Agent Phil Coulson in cold blood. The basket case that attempted to murder Clint and take over the human race. Loki's face twisted from a smirk to a cold and bitter glare. He must have heard my thoughts. That's when my instincts began to kick in. I had spent most of my years learning to block people out, learning to put up this defensive shell that stopped people getting into my head, so much so that I had mastered the art quite finely. I built up my walls quickly, stopping Loki from picking through my mind. He noticed quickly that I had blocked him. Rage burned in his eyes and it scared me, I knew exactly what Loki was capable of, but I hid any hint of fear that might appear from my expression. He took a large step towards me and I held my ground with a firm expression on my face.

“Why, my dear, I thought you would be glad to see me?” He told. I shot him down quickly.

“And why exactly would I be glad to see you?” I snarled through clenched teeth, my jaw stiff.

“Is that how we are going to play this then?”

“This isn't a game.”

“Oh, well that's that then.” He shrugged, a smirk playing across his lips.

“What do you want, Loki?”

“I want what is rightfully mine, I want you. And you will come with me, whether or not it is against your will. If, however you decide to put up a fight, then I will, and I promise that I will, find your beloved Agent Barton, and I will kill him, slowly and intimately. I will break his soul and then his body all the while you will watch him in a completely helpless state. I won't stop until he is dead and you succumb to me. If you chose to come without difficulty, I will not spare Agent Barton, nor will I spare your team, the Avengers. But in that scenario torturing their bodies and minds will not be necessary. It is your choice entirely, Natasha, the fate of your friends.” He explained without a hint of emotion in his voice. I stood perfectly still, still not wishing to give anything away. Show no weakness. I thought for a moment, I could save Clint from a very painful death, if I did not escape this convent. I had Clint's bracelet, a tracking device, something that could prove to be of great use to me. If I could just make Loki believe that I was going to give in to him, make him believe that I was merely a helpless mortal girl then maybe, just maybe, I could use the sympathy that I would receive from him to my advantage. Time to put my plan into action. I forced myself to cry, thinking of something soul destroying. I relaxed my body, my shoulders slouching as I cupped my face, the tears streaming down my cheeks. I kept my sobs quiet as my knees began to shake. I shook my head vigorously against my hands.

“Please,” I choked out between sobs. The sound of Loki moving closer to me echoed through the under furbished bedroom. He stopped in front of me, lifting my chin to make my eyes met his. His eyes softened and I could see a slight glimpse of pain in his eyes. This was easy.

“I must, my dear. In time you will forgive my actions.” He pulled me tight against his chest, and held my now shaking body. I sobbed heavily against his chest, his body cold and firm. I knew Loki was the bad guy but it was a nice feeling to be comforted. It wasn't something I was really used to, I usually kept my feelings to myself and dealt with it alone and even though this act was put on it was still nice.